𝙿𝚁𝙾𝙻𝙾𝙶𝚄𝙴

After the murder of her parents Andrew and Lorelei Callahan, at the age of 16 Deyanira could no longer stand to live in the unfair life of Gotham. With the constant reminder of how cruel life can be, while the unknown murder of her parents stays out of jail and crooks, thieves, mob bosses, and criminals running around running the once glorious city. She decides she need time away with no indication of when she would return. Leaving behind twin brother Nicholas and two best friends since birth Rachel's Dawes and Bruce Wayne, Deyanira joins the USA marine corp. Where she serves 5 years before being recruited to the CIA. Her 6 years in the CIA gave her great time for reflection while experiencing many ups and downs, and making new connections. Deyanira learned numerous new skills and continued to help countless people.

Deyanira Callahan became a top name at CIA headquarters, with the most number of successful missions and kills. She had become the best secret agent to send on mission due to her skills in espionage, martial arts, languages, hand to hand combat and weaponry precision. But after one unexpected error on a mission Deyanira has a drastic change inside her. All the data and information of the mission was wiped off the face of earth never to be found. No one other than Deyanira knows what truly happened there that fateful day.

But something did happen Deyanira add unknowingly been sent on a suicide mission. Her higher ups had sent her on this mission with the intention of her not coming back. The mission was in a enemy organization lab, where she was meant to infiltrate there ranks and assassinate the leader. But there was a mole and she was captured, they ran many experiments on Deyanira, constantly injecting her with test. Something was bound to happen and something did. Deyanira became more animal like with enhanced speed, agility, strength, stealth, and durability. They named her project shadow. Her new abilities where of those of a panther.

Returning to Gotham after resigning she comes back a new person. Now 27, 16 years since she left, gone is the once happy bubbly girl and in her place in a shallow shell of the girl she once was. With shadows and storms of the time away behind her eyes.

She now returns to find Gotham is worse than what she left it, the criminals and the insane had now taken over the streets. As if the weather had noticed the change, the clouds now 24/7 covered the sun and fog covered the whole city. Her skills she learnt in her time away proved useless, there was no point in joining the police as they
had very few jurisdictions and almost everyone could be payed off.

But doing nothing was not in Deyanira's beliefs. Something in her would not just let her sit there and watch the city crumble. And so she did something she became the Panther, a night prowler that cleaned up the streets in the night. Leaving behind the claw marks to let people know it was her.