Prologue

First year, Kimetsu Academy High School

Y/n's pov

'Y/n-chan!' You jump, quickly shoving a pink envelop covered in cherry patterns into Giyu's locker,  turning to see Mitsuri standing behind you. 'Are you okay, Y/n-chan? It's lunch time! They are giving out sakura mochi at the cafeteria!' She says cheerfully, her cheeks turning pink. 

'Souka...?' you say awkwardly, Mitsuri looking confused as her green eyes shift over to the name tag on the locker behind you. 

'Giyu-san?' She says timidly, peeking closer to the locker behind you. 'Isn't your locker next to Shinobu-chan's over there?' She asks as you step back trying to cover the name tag on the locker.

'I was just...giving Giyu-san a note about our club meeting!' You say, Mitsuri's cheeks only growing redder as she eyes you and the locker. 

'But you would have used our group chat if it were about our club!' She says, her grin widening watching your cheeks grow pink. 

'So it was you! He kept talking about an anonymous person leaving him cute cards!' She exclaims, giggling as small hearts pop out of her even through you trying to stop her from speaking so loud. 

'Mitsuri-chan! Don't tell anybody!' You say, her covering her cheeks with her palms as she squeals. 

'Since when, Y/n-chan! You never told me you liked Giyu-san!' She says loudly, squeezing you in her arms so tight that you feel your face get squished. 

'Oh it was you?' You hear Giyu's voice from the other side, Mitsuri yelping in surprise as she releases you. 

'Ano...sumimasen!' Mitsuri says quickly, holding her cheeks in her hands with her eyes shut tightly as she sprints away, turning the corner. 

'Mitsu-! -ri...' you say hopelessly, glancing over to Giyu staring at Mitsuri disappear into the other corridor before his blue orbs shift over to you. 

'So it was you who kept leaving letters into my locker?' You hear him ask again, feeling the bead of sweat form on your temple from his unreadable expression.

'I wasn't stalking you! Mochi wa oishi! (mochi is tasty)' you yell, sprouting random words from your mouth to get away from the encounter while running past him. 

'Mate kudasai (wait).' he says quietly contrasting with your loud yelp in surprise as you feel his hand stop you by your wrist. 

'Sumimasen.' he says, letting you go as he reaches into his bag, taking out the various colourful envelops from the pocket. 

'You kept it?' You ask, staring at the cute patterned papers that you had secretly put in his locker. 

'I was hoping whoever this was would just tell me who they are. But I was wishing it would be you.' he says, his usual straight face looking the same although you see the blush forming onto his cheeks. 

'Huh.' you say, fiddling with the grey miffy keychain on your bag. 'And you read it?' You ask, squeezing the plushy keychain. 

'They were letters after all.' He replies, putting back the letters into his bag, adding the new cherry patterned letter into the collection. 'Were you going to go down for lunch? We should hurry before lunchtime ends.' he says, walking past you towards the cafeteria. 

Author's note: in case you haven't read my other kny fanfiction, my OC Y/n for kimetsu academy is below, but you can change anything on the OC when you read ofc.