Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Casey

"Hey I talked to Angie and everything is a go for us to speak at the Boys and Girl's Club fundraiser she also thinks it would be a good idea for us to donate some money as well." I said as I sat down at my desk and twirling a pen in my hand.

"Donate? I don't think we have the funds for that?" My campaign manager replied nervously

"We can't just make a speech and not donate?"

"My hands are tied."

"Ok then we'll just make a donation out of our own pockets." I replied as if I just solved the issue

"Ok well the fundraiser is in a few days but you're gonna need to leave immediately to make your press conference in New York, I have some major states I want you to visit as well we need to get your name out there."

"Ok I'll start writing up my speeches."

"The photoshoot for your posters are set up for tomorrow morning at 9am I expect you to be on time."

"Will do." I replied before hanging up.

I scrolled through my calendar on my phone checking and double checking my schedule making sure I didn't forget anything. I'm booked for the next few weeks with press conferences, appearances any and everything you could think of. I made a note to also go down to one of the low-income housing developments just to see what needs to be done and what the people that depend on us the most need from us. I want to make a difference. A change, not just say I'll do this or that to generate votes and get elected.

Just as I was about to start working on my speech my assistant knocked on my door.

"Come in!" I called across the room

"We have a problem sir." She mumbled while looking down at the ground

"What problem?" I asked raising an eye brow to look at her

"The stylist for the photoshoot in the morning didn't receive your selections and she doesn't have anything on hand." She rushed out in a single breath

"I sent over a list of choices as well as dos and dont's."

"I know but someone there was a mix up and she's saying she doesn't have them." She replied nervously

"Did you not email her?" I asked confused

"I thought I did well I meant to but everything has been crazy these past few days and well no sir I didn't."

"You can't afford to make mistakes if you think these past few days have been crazy how on earth are you going to be able to handle the next few weeks? You know what don't even answer that how does she not have anything on hand isn't this her job like you confirming she got that email ahead of time was your job?"

"She does have clothing on hand but for this specific occasion and once again I apologize for the email mishap it won't happen again." She replied confidently

"Ok well I guess we can wear something from home what's the background?" I questioned completely ignoring her apology

"Royal blue or Black the plan is to take photos with both backgrounds and then having you choose the one you like the best but regardless we'll edit red stars around you too and your slogan will be featured at the bottom." She rattled off from her notepad.

"Ok well I'll have my wife bring several selections.

She simply nodded and made her way out of my office. To say I was irritated was an understatement. If she can't handle a simple email then what would I need her for. I leaned back in my chair preparing to write my speech.