Ch 3

I smiled as I stepped past the limp corpses and out of the room. I would have felt guilty, but they would have just as brutally murdered me earlier. Revenge was sweet.

"You have leveled up x5. +10 skill points. +500 gold."

Level: 5

Race: Dragon

Lives: 2

Shop unlocked.

"Would you like to open the shop?" The system inquired.

I nodded.

A large screen appeared in front of my eyes, depicting various items and weapons. Some cost millions of gold, but some of the more affordable options caught my eye.

[ Health potion - 100 gold]

[Summon slot - 500 gold]

An extra summon slot? That would be useful especially if I had to fight another group of hunters later, but the health potion might save me from using another one of my lives...

"You can only leave this gate after the break." The system reminded, hearing my thoughts. "The break of the gate occurs if it has not been cleared within seven days. A group of hunters will be waiting outside for the dungeon break."

Oh right. I would have to fight my way out. It was probably more pragmatic to collect as many summons as possible.

+1 summon slot unlocked

I walked through the room, collecting each of the statues to use as my summon. After a few minutes I had around 16 statues ready for use, with a massive humanoid that was my ace in the hole.

My plan was to wait for the dungeon break, then use a few of my statues to cause a commotion while escaping in the chaos. After that, I would pretend to be a human and live peacefully until the main character solved everything and everything would go back to normal!

"Dungeon break commencing." The system warned. "You may now leave the dungeon through the gate."

I grinned excitedly. This was it. 10 of my knights lined up one by one as they faced the portal. I kept the rest in my inventory for now, Just in case something went wrong.

I breathed deeply, then directed my summons through the gate.

CH 2

"Incoming!" A man shouted as the gate turned red. Stone figures burst out from the portal, met with a volley of fire, bullets, and arrows as the entire squad unleashed everything they had.

The attacks slammed into the monsters, a large explosion temporarily blocking the sight of the hunters.

Then the smoke cleared, and the monsters kept coming.

"It's not working!" One of the mages shouted, turning to run just as he was slammed into the ground by a stone club. He did not get up.

"Everyone fall back!" Sung lI-Hwan cursed, slamming his fist into the knight. Unlike the attacks of his allies, the knight's body shattered, debris flying everywhere.

"We can win! They are weak to physical attacks!" He shouted, rallying his team forwards, "Focus on supporting our melee hunters!"

His team of hunters regrouped, mages refocusing on buffing instead of directly attacking. The tides of battle changed, and stone figures were being shattered one after another as his tanks slammed into them with his reinforced armor.

Then, right there In the midst of the battle, something strange caught his eye. A human girl stumbled out of the portal, looking nervously for a few seconds before immediately dashing away into the crowd of spectators.