09~

By the time they pulled up to the Cullen residence, it was already almost midnight.

Alex hopped out of the Jeep as Emmett jumped from the back of Bella's truck. The two met and went off to find their other siblings.

They had to prepare. The next few days would be hectic trying to get Bella to safety. They had to be ready for everything.

In the mean time, Alex was debriefed by Jasper on Laurent's status in all this. Apparently he separated himself from the hunter and red head, and came to tell Carlisle all of what he knew.

Alexander nodded along to the new information.

It would definitely give them the advantage when the time came.

They strategized and planned meticulously, all the way down to the last detail. In situations like this, Jasper and Alex knew what they were doing.

They continued this conversation into the garage with the rest, soon after being joined by Carlisle, Edward, and Bella again.

"We've had to fight our kind before." Jasper reminded him, "They're not easy to kill."

"But not impossible." Alex countered as they opened the cabinets and grabbed the spare bags of supplies. "We'll tear him apart and burn the pieces."

The boy tossed a bag over to Emmett who happened to be passing by, "I love when you get all feisty." He smirked, sending a wink Alex's way.

"I don't relish the thought of killing another creature, even a sadistic one like James." Carlisle cut in, stepping passed Alex and Jasper to grab something from the far wall.

"What if he kill's one of us first?" Rose chimed in as she sat herself on top the counter. She didn't see a point in wasting energy to help.

Alex rolled his eyes at the girls blatant disregard for the humans safety, but at the same time he couldn't blame her either. Edward had already promised he'd be responsible for if something happened to the girl.

And that is true. If anything happens to Bella, it will be on his hands. But that doesn't mean that while she's still with them, they can't do anything to protect her.

"I'm gonna run Bella South. Can you lead the tracker away from here?" Edward told the group. Was he really trying to leave them all with his mess... again?!

Carlisle turned to Edward win stern look, "No, Edward. James knows you would never leave Bella. He'll follow you."

The man turned to Jasper who nodded before rushing over to his mate. "Alice and Jasper will take Bella. You are going with us."

Alex could barely recognize the doctor. It was weird to see him be so assertive, especially towards Edward. But it was a needed step up; no way was Carlisle going to let the mind reader just run away this time.

Edward was at a loss for words. His idea was shut down to quick for him to think of anything convincing.

"Jasper and I will drive her south." Alice stepped in, taking his own plan as hers. "I'll keep her safe Edward."