Prologue

"this quiet romance,
these soft and simple touches,
and stolen glances"
- tyler knott
gregson

"this quiet romance,these soft and simple touches,and stolen glances"- tyler knottgregson

park jay as the millionaire's son

"i want to taste you again,
like a secret or a sin"

Park Jay. Even thinking of him sends a series of excitement and curiousness to many people. An intimidation to some. They said he's just like his dad when it comes to business. He stops at nothing to get what he wants and he'll never expect to be the same when he met the new maid.

Chun Miyoung. The runaway girl who just wanted to be anywhere but home. But when she meets him, she'll get more than what she wished for.

It's not as easy as you think, having two people fell inlove who lives in two different worlds.

Will their feelings for each other overcome it all? Or will they succumb to the pressure it wasn't clearly a match?

park yihyun as chun miyoung

Another slap echoed through the dark bedroom, the one placed in the dirty attic. I could feel the heat radiate of the slap off of my face into the surrounding coldness.

I try to look up into her emotionless gaze but I stop myself before she see the tears welling up on my own.

As she walks out after slamming the door, I drop to the floor. Hearing the heavy footsteps of hers and the squeaking of the deadbolts being locked at the end of the floor.

My hysterical sobs comes out muffled as I hug my knees tightly against my chest.

Why is it always me?

Why am I the unlocky one in this place?

I grab ahold of the small locket around my neck for comfort. Looking down at the gold circle pendant, my sobs turn into a full on cry as I think back to my mother who were always here to hug me, but now she's gone and I'm stuck in one foster home.

The women who got me from the orphanage had gone to make me suffer.

At first, she was sweet but there always was an underlying bad feeling I have about her. The day the government supplied her with money from helping me, I saw the side to her that no one else had seen. The ugly side.

The manifestation of her own true color.

She likes to hurt me. She loves to make me lives in fear.

And sometimes it made me think about him, my father. I was never told by my mother what happened to him, but I've heard some snippets of conversation between some people she knew.

They kept mentioning on how he was from another world. Too far from her reach. Out of her league.

I was shielded from the truth, but even now, I still don't understand what they meant.

It felt as if the attic room was closing in on me once again, but this time, I need to get out.

I can't take this anymore.

My eyes dart towards the wooden cabinet with the broken door, opposite me. I get up slowly, being careful not to make a noise. I grab my black duffel bag from under the bed and start to fill it with my limited clothes.

I then reach underneath the cabinet and pull out some cash that I've been stealing from the foster lady and place it into my bag.

I go over to the window and open it, careful not to make any kind of disturbance.

'It will all be over now', I think to myself before bunching up a lot of blankets and climbs out to the freedom.

And so I then run away from a place that was never a home.

take a guess what's next for her?