Chapter Four

I awoke with a start the next day, heavily drenched by whatever dream I had. I briefly considered telling Hyuk I was sick and needed a day off, given that I was still shaken from the encounter yesterday with the guests but the risk of being fired off would be too big.

Besides that, I loved this job. At least not until the young Mr. Park came back home.

But he wouldn't stay for too long, right?

He was a busy man with things to do, he couldn't hold up in here forever. Or so I hoped.

Guess I have to suck it up and get dress or I'll be late for breakfast, and I wasn't going to be hungry until lunch break. After quickly preparing for the day, I join Hyuk and Lilian in the dining room.

"Good morning, Miss Chun", Hyuk greeted me, "I heard you served Mr. Park and his guests yesterday, how did it go?"

It was painful really, for him to ask the question I'd been dreading to talk about.  But I also knew I have to reply or else I would be considered rude. Or worse, a snob.

"Good morning, I did. It went well, I guess. All I have to do is refill their drinks and stand off to the side", I replied as steadily as I could before munching on my chocolate croissant.

Hyuk nodded in thought, "That's good to hear. I know it was not in your duties, so I apologise and also for the behavior of Mr. Sim, I heard he was quite drunk at their visit here"

I didn't really know how to answer, so I just silently nod with a small smile before taking another bite. Lucky for me, Lilian picked up on another conversation and it moved away from the topic I wasn't interested in.

As soon as I was done eating, I thanked Lilian for the food and told them I'll head onto my duties for the day.

It's literally what I needed to do as well to forget the humiliation I felt from the visit. Also now that the son is home, everything would've to be required spotless like the hallway he always used on his way down the study, which was situated on the ground floor.

I was almost halfway done when the thudding of footsteps filled the hallway, causing for me to look up. Unfortunately for me, it was the young Mr. Park, in his morning get up.

And he was looking straight at me.

Bracing myself for getting scolded about what happened at his guest's visit, I clasped my hands around the mop and prayed he wouldn't yell at me.

That was something I couldn't deal too well and for sure, without a fail, I'd cry in front of him, which would be embarassing.

Today he wore a more casual clothes than I'd ever seen him wear. The formal suit was traded for a simple loose green shirt that showed off his collarbones and black sweats which hung low on his hips.

He looked as if he'd just finished a work out and it wouldn't be a surprise for me if he had a personal gym inside this estate.

"Good morning", he greeted to me like we're some old friends.

"Good morning, Sir", I replied politely.

He stopped just a few steps from me and I appreciated the distance, it made it easier to breath. He shifted his weight from one leg to another and if he wasn't so confident in the way he did the day before, it wouldn't make me confuse to see him being this shy in front of me.

Or is he just uncomfortable? It would be that case, it always is.

"Look, about last night, I'm sorry. My friend is wrong to be acting like that to you but he's drunk and trust me, that guy is nice when he's sober", he told me, much to my surprise.