011

RISK NOTHING, GAIN NOTHING
11.16.2022
Trevor's Point of View

My mom always told me risk nothing, gain nothing. And I've lived by that my whole life. But what if I risk everything, and gain nothing?

I could lose everything here and what do I gain? The satisfaction of beating up some guy that clearly doesn't deserve my time? This was a bad idea.

I keep driving, but I don't go to find Auston. I just drive around to ease my nerves, to clear my mind. I know that I need to talk to Norah about this, just to tell her how I feel. But I don't want to do it while I'm upset like this, she doesn't deserve that.

I know she didn't tell me because it wasn't that big of a deal and she was trying to protect my feelings, but I hate when people do that.

How would I go about it? Just plainly state how I feel? I want to fix this, we are dating now.

I pull over on the side of the road.

"Mom?"

"Hey, hunny. It's late, is everything all right?"

"No."

"What's wrong, baby?"

"I messed up." I break down.

"Baby, what happened?"

"A lot, mom."

I explain everything, from dinner to the kiss to the post to now.

"You did what you thought was right. You were trying to protect her." She says. "But this Matthews guy isn't worth your time. Go back home and just talk to her, okay?"

"Thank you mom, I love you."

"I love you so much." She says.

I calm myself down and drive home. I get out the car and go inside. "Norah?"

"Yeah?" She walks out of the kitchen. She scans my face and hands for cuts or bruises.

I wrap my hands around her waist and muzzle my head into her neck. "There's a lot of things I want to talk about." I say.

"Let's talk." We sit down on the couch.

"I didn't do anything." I say. "But, I was just hurt that you kept that from me. I felt like an idiot. And I know you were trying to protect my feelings, but I didn't need you to."

"I'm sorry, Trev. I'm really sorry."

"I know, and it's okay. I just, I don't want to not be able to trust my girlfriend."

"Yeah."

trevorzegras posted on Instagram

Liked by @norahjones @jamiedrysdale @avazegras and 2, 379, 019 others

@trevorzegras: please don't ever become a stranger who's laugh I could recognize anywhere

comments have been disabled for this post

norahjones posted on Instagram

Liked by @trevorzegras @griffinzegras @avazegras and 3, 281, 923 others

norahjones: i like shiny things but i'd marry you with paper rings

comments have been disabled for this post

I have Taylor Swift to thank for this if I'm being honest. The paper rings started it all for us.

I love Taylor Swift.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

i rushed this ending bc i didn't really like where it was heading but the first line and last line are the same thing :)))