Rae Wingrave {Chapter:- 1}

Rae Wingrave the Eldest daughter of the count, After the engagement was announced she was headed to the Duchy. But unfortunately, her Finance would not be present. As he is gone at war.

So all this is, is just that i will be needing to take care of the duchy till he's back. Which will be about a few months. *Sigh*

The Duchy of Edinburgh was not an easy place to manage as it was quite the massive Duchy.

I get out of the carriage with a maid i had brought along Lillian. I wasn't planning on bringing any maids originally. But why let the only person having morally same values rot away in that Hellhole?

We walk towards the Gate and are greeted by a few high ranked maids. The head maid and Butler of the Lord.

Rae - I heard they didn't welcome the crown prince when he arrived here, so i wasn't expecting even a welcome.

Lillian - Whispering, madam! This is such a nice palace.

Rae - Oh well, it is right?

The butler guides me to my room where I'll be staying at. Then after settling down he shows me the Dukes office where I'll be working till he gets back. His office has all the necessary documents needed for managing the Ducal residence.

---

Lillian - Madam would you like me to get you some tea? It's already tea time

Rae - That would be nice, bring me some chiffon cake along with it.

Lillian - Alright madam.

Lillian leaves the study for the tea

It's been a year, the war is still going on, it's taking longer than expected for the war against the kingdom of Rai to end.

I'm now past the age of 17. I'm going to be 18 in a few months.

I still haven't seen my fiance's face. Only in portraits you might say. I recently got a portrait of mine hung up in the gallery alongside the Duke's.

Leaving that, the finances are getting harder to manage as our Kingdom is going short on food and the duchy is the main provider of money right as of now.

It's not as if the duchy is running out from money, Far from that. It's that I'm trying to stay in the average budget of the duchy over the years and the kingdom supplying us with food was just recently attacked by the Kingdom of Rai.

Lillian - Madam, I'm Here with your tea.

Rae - That was faster than expected, Come in.

Lillian places the tea and chiffon cake on the desk while i move aside the papers a bit.

Lillian - M'lady Rae, i brought some invitations that you've been getting.

Rae - Lillian, what did I say? I don't want to attend any balls.

Lillian - but lady! You have to attend one once a month atleast.

Rae - hmmm that's right, i can't have any weird rumours going around about me. Show me the invites.

Lillian hands over the invitations to me and i start searching for a Reasonable one to attend.

Marquess Edwards Daughter's 15th Birthday. That sounds great.
This party will be big enough for the royals and aristocratic people to attend.

Lillian - are you going to this one lady?

Rae - Yes, it's in a few days for now. Prepare my jewellery and dress

Lillian - Also madam.. i have gotten the notice that the Duke has sent a letter for you.

Rae - huh? Why so suddenly after almost a year and half?

I take the letter and start reading it. It just says that I'm doing a good job as his finance managing the duchy, and he'll be returning a 2 days after this letter arrives........

---------

The outfit for the ball in next chapter:

The Dukedom:

I think that's all

I think that's all..

Adios.
Cya next chapter!