Chapter 26- One Big Happy Family

July 2, 2023

July 2, 2023

"Hey guys," my dad greets when James and I enter the Stark's house.

"Lamont," James smiles and dips his head in greeting.

"Where's mom?" I look around, noticing that only Lucas and my dad are in the living room.

"She's in the kitchen with Darby," Lucas says. "Now come on and have a seat while we wait for dinner." James leads me to the couch, hand in hand. "Are you excited for the honeymoon?"

"Well duh. I need the beach and mimosas."

"Where are you going again?" My dad asks.

"The Bahamas," James fills in.

"When do you leave?" Lucas asks.

"The 7th," I tell him

"And we get back the 21st," James answers the next question before it's even asked.

"Bailey and I went on a trip across Asia for our honeymoon," my dad says. "Still the best trip I've ever been on."

"Darby and I didn't go on a honeymoon but if we did it would have been on a cruise I suppose."

"I just want constant sunshine and endless blue waves rolling in," I sigh, picturing our life for 2 full weeks.

"But first you have a wedding," Lucas reminds us.

"Like we could forget," James scoffs like the idea is completely stupid. It is, obviously, but I elbow him anyway. "What?" He asks, exasperated.

"Be nice," I scold.

"You know it's true though," he argues, eyes gleaming playfully. Before I can respond, a chuckle from the kitchen doorway draws my attention. I glance over my shoulder to find Darby smiling at us.

"Carry on. Don't let me interrupt," she smirks.

"We're done," I huff, crossing my arms.

"Dinners done," she informs the four of us.

I wait for everyone to leave the room, heading to the dining room before turning back to James and whispering, "We'll resume this conversation when we get home." I turn on my heel and leave the room, a chuckling Bridgewater following me.

"How is the wedding planning?" I ask the two other woman once we are all seated and grabbing our food.

"Amazing," they both say at once.