𝟬𝟬𝟭.𝗦𝗘𝗔𝗧𝗧𝗟𝗘 𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗟𝗘𝗥

It was finally happening

The day that she has been dreading all week is finally upon her.

It's not actually that bad, but moving to a new unit and having to be introduced to everyone, not knowing people. It's going to be awkward.

Putting her thoughts aside and making sure that a kind smile was present on her face, she made her way over to the elevator and clicked the button for the floor she will be working on.

After a painful silence, the elevator doors opened and on the other side stood someone who Lauren hadn't seen in years.

They hadn't noticed as they were looking down at something in their hand but Lauren was absolutely sure that it was them.

Elizabeth Carter, Lauren was sure about it.

She recognised her from her old unit, how could she not, she looks the exact same.

Lauren stepped out of the elevator making the girl look up from her work.

Elizabeth looked at her, looked back down at the papers In her hand and then slowly scrunched up her face as she looked back up at the person who stood in front of her.

"Lauren?"

"Lauren Turner?"

"Omg is it you!" She asked with a hint of excitement in her voice, all she needed was the confirmational nod which was sent her way for her to practically leap in her arms and start jumping up and down.

An over exaggeration some might say but it's justified.

The two used to be such close friends until their work caused them to slowly drift apart.

It was a miracle that they were in each others presence again, it must be a sign.

After the two finished hugging and quickly catching up.

Elizabeth picked up the papers that she dropped from when she noticed Lauren and walked off to go and talk with two detectives that Lauren was unfamiliar with.