Chapter one.

Iris Watkins sat in her office, her hair was tied up in a messy bun and different pencils stucked in it. She sighed, she had to design a gown for one of the bride but she just couldn't get it to fit her imagination. She knew why, her sister had informed her of expecting a second child. She was happy for her sister but she felt a little bit jealous. All her friends had gotten married and were having kids and here she was with not a single serious relationship.
She heard someone knocking on her office door, she shouted a come in and Daisy, her assistant walked in and rolled her eyes at Iris.
" Daisy, you need anything? " she asked and Daisy nodded.
" Jimmy's been trying to tell the Amelia that she cant meet you and now she's causing a scene" Daisy said and she sighed. Amelia was a client with a lot of issues. Amelia had quite a number of insecurities whenever she was with her fiance, so she wanted everything to be perfect but she wasn't calm enough for someone to pity her.
" What does she want" Iris asked her assistant.
" she wants to check her rehearsal dinner dress" Daisy said rolling her eyes.
Iris stood up and Daisy walked behind her.
" Iris, you've got to check this out" Ron said and she winced when she heard a crashing sound. She quickened her pace and couldn't believe her eyes, Amelia had tossed all mannequins on the floor. She was angry, she walked to Amelia and held her from throwing another one.
" Who the hell are you? " Amelia shouted before turning to see who was holding her, " They said that i couldn't meet you. I knew that by destroying your shop , you will show up " Amelia said in a smug tone.
" Jimmy,call the cops" she said to her secretary.
" why exactly " Amelia asked.
" This was all done by you, i'm calling the cops to arrest you" Iris said almost slapping herself for explaining herself to Amelia.
" You cant do that " Amelia shouted. Daisy stood beside Iris and said " we can do that, this is vandalism" Amelia slapped Daisy.
Iris slapped Amelia " How dare you raise your hand against her" Iris stated then turned to Jimmy, " Get the security to hold her until the cops arrive and call Ethan, i would be needing a lawyer" she said then turned to Amelia, " Firstly, you walk into my shop and toss my things down, i might forgive you for that but you raising your hand against my assistant, you need some thrashing" Iris said.
" You cant do that, i will end our business " Amelia threathened.
" Please do, i cant stand a bride as vexing as you" Iris rolled her eyes.
" But_"
" please Amelia, it's okay, just shut up" she said in a pitiful voice, she turned to the security and nodded. They dragged Amelia out of the shop.
" I'm so sorry Daisy, are you okay " she asked.
" Thanks for standing up for me, means a lot " Daisy said and Iris hugged her.
The other staffs started fixing the place, after apologising for Amelia's behaviour, she went upstairs.
" oh my God" she said as she checked the time, she had an appointment with her friend, Adrien, she had to take his measurement and also his groom men. Adrien was a good friend of hers, he was a basketballer, she met him at a party and they had dated for two months before becoming bestfriends. Adrien was getting married to Anne ( Anabelle), Beverly's cousin. Beverly was her friend, she and her friends/ her sister had come together to start their company, Buttercup events. She was in charge of all the dress designing and make up, while her twin sister Irene was in charge of making up the bride including her hair. Beverly was in charge of making the cakes and other pastries, Bethany was in charge of catering, Kayla was the photographer and Ashley decorated the hall, and Lauren was the manager, that was in charge of making deals . They were business partner and also good friends.
She packed up her stuffs and called Daisy to her office. " Hey" Daisy said as she walked in.
" i have to go, i have to deliver some dresses and i have an appointment with Adrien, i have to meet him in his house. " she said.
" why dont you let someone deliver the dress" Daisy asked.
" I would be passing through that way, i dont want to trouble anyone else" she said as she loosed her long curly dark brown hair. She picked her bag up and turned to look at Daisy, " you are in charge of everything " she said and Daisy nodded. She left her office hurried down, people kept stopping her along the way for questions and other stuffs. She patiently answered them. She walked to her car and drove to Adrien's training house.
" You are late, Iris " he said and she gave him a cheeky smile.
" i'm so sorry, i got caught up in my work " she said. She nodded at his friends as she walked past them to the fridge to carry soda. She heard most of the guys whispering about her but she didn't care, she was used to it.
" So, where are the groom men" she asked.
" So this is, Sebastian" he pointed at a red haired guy, she nodded," this is Rick and Keith" he said.
" who is the bestman" she asked.
" He's gone to the bathroom" The guy that was introduced as Keith said and she nodded. She brought out her book as she started with the measurements.
" Guys " A really tall and handsome guy walked in.
" Yo, the bestman is here" Sebastian said.
" shut up" he said.
" Nick, this is the woman after my Anabelle" Adrien said and she rolled her eyes.
" Stop it, Adrien " she said smiling at him," i dont want your mama chasing me about " .
" Adrien, please meet Iris, she's the fashion designer and also my good friend. She's going to be taking care of our tux" Adrien said. She smiled at Nick and stretched out her hands " Nice meeting you and congratulations" she said.
He smiled back, " it's my pleasure" he said and she noticed the dimple in both side of his cheeks. She felt electricity in her body immediately their hands touched but she ignored it.
" I'm going to get your measurement" she said. He held her hands and dragged her to another room, she was confused. " Excuse me " she said with one of her eyebrows raised.
" i needed privacy didn't like the way the guys were staring" he said and she nodded.
She and her sister were tall women and she was mostly taller than all her friends but she looked small next to Nick.
She took his measurement, " i think I'm through " she said.
" you sure?" He asked and she looked up at him.
" wh-yeah, yeah " she stuttered when she looked into his eyes.
" i thought you might want to measure me down there" he said as he gestured towards his manhood and she smiled.
" i dont think my measuring tape will be enough, i think it's better to use my hands " she replied and he smiled back.
He collected her notebook and jotted his number, he tore out a piece and asked her to write hers, she did and he smiled. She left the room and packed her things up, " Thanks for coming " Adrien said as she rolled her eyes.
" You're crazy " she said.
" Thanks love, good bye" he said as she got into her car and drove off.
Nick smiled to himself, he didn't know how he was feeling, he was going to find more about her from Adrien.
" Yo, what are you thinking about?" Adrien asked.
" I am kinda thinking about Iris, your friend " he said. Adrien glared at him and said in a warning tone" Stay away from her, man. She isn't your type of girl "
" And is she yours?" Nick retorted.
" Dude, just forget about her" Adrien said and Nick glared at him.
" I cant, i like her and i am going to pursue her" he said and turned to back to the gym.

Iris was in a meeting with her friends, they had a wedding to fix in a week. Her friends were busy going from one wedding to another but she was too busy to follow them since she spent her time designing dresses for brides. They were discussing about Skylar and Troy's wedding, it was happening in two weeks, she had quite a busy day tomorrow. She was thinking about Nick, she liked him. She just didn't understand how she hadn't met him before.
" Iris " she turned to look at her sister.
" what " she asked.
" Lauren asked you a question"Irene replied.