༺ 21 ༻

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮

previously on Reality

one new arrival, six hot couples, but one must go

𝐸 𝑅 𝐸 𝑁
━━━━

"Times up everyone!" Bridget yells. "Please return to the firepit now!"

Violet groans, sucking her teeth and rolling her eyes. "You could've helped me a little bit," she says. I haven't said anything since we've been coupled up. She's slowly coming to the realization that the last person I'd want to be with is her.

Shit, I'd rather be coupled back up with Jackie!

I hurriedly scan the group for any sight of Y/n and that white-haired giraffe, but they're nowhere to be found.

"Yo, Eren," a boisterous Connie shouts. "Have you seen Guren?"

My brows furrow at the mention of his name. "Who?" 

"Stop acting dumb!" Connie whisper-shouts as he punches my arm. "The tall dude with the purple eyes." Connie, like a cartoon character, swings his head in every direction before continuing. 

"What are you doing?" I inquire, suddenly feeling as if I, too, should be keeping an eye out.

"Bro, you know those cameras are everywhere. Sometimes I get scared!" His eyes are the size of saucers, and to be frank, it creeped me out a bit.  "As I was saying, since we're on the subject of Guren, I always thought his eyes were fake. Like contacts or something."

"No shit, Sherlock!" I respond. "Who the hell has natural purple eyes?!"

"Ayo! Just because you're coupled with that she-devil doesn't mean you gotta give me attitude too! I'm just seeking answers! Is he like an idol or something? Do you know BTS? I've seen them wear colored con—"

In frustration, I raise a hand to stop Connie and click my teeth.

Who cares about Greg...

"Just ask Bridget." I sigh and roll my eyes.

"Fine! But take that stick out of your ass, Eren! Y/n doesn't like it when you act like that!" He quickly shouts, running off before I have a chance to retort.

I glance behind me and see Violet a bit further behind me. I'm curious whether she has been listening in on me and Connie's conversation. She scans her notes once more before heading to the firepit, leaving me alone with my thoughts. Everyone gradually returns, and I'm still anxiously looking for the one person who can make me feel any type of happiness, but to no avail; she's nowhere in sight.

Rather than sulking in the corner like a child, I also return to the firepit.

Once everyone is seated, Bridget steps forward with a worried look.