A Ball and a Missing Princess

A girl ran frantically through the halls, dress clasped tightly in her hands. As she ducked and swerved past the workers doing the daily chores, she cursed herself for waking up so late.

A hand reached out from around the corner and grabbed the dashing girl. "God Y/N calm down," said Ophilia, "no one is going to leave, they're all
far too used to your lateness for it to bother them." Y/N sighed in relief and laughed with the girl in front of her.

As the two girls walked through the palace, hiding from the view of any possible witnesses, they found their way to a clearing in the forest just past the walls of the garden. Sat waiting for them was their dearest friends, Alice, Theodore, and Michael.

"Well it's about time you two showed up," scoffed Micheal, "you can't ever seem to be on time now can you?" Y/N and Ophilia sat with their friends on the lovely blanket set up on the soft grass as Alice pulled some scones from a basket sat beside her.

"I would be on time if someone decided to wake up on time" Ophilia said looking at Y/N. The H/C girl opened her mouth to respond but before she could utter a word Theodore stuffed a scone in her face, muffling anything she was going to say.

The group of friends bickered and laughed as they ate the lovely breakfast prepared by Alice, until a familiar shrill voice rang out, "Where is the princess?! Where is the princess and her lady in waiting?! We must get her highness prepared for the ball!"

The friends looked at each other before Y/N and Ophilia shared a pained look, "I guess we must be going," said Ophilia, "it seems we are needed elsewhere." As the two girls walked out of the depths of the garden they tried their best to seem as if they had just noticed the voice of Scarlet, a bitter old maid that had worked in the palace for what seemed like all of time, and inquired what she was calling then for.

"Miss Scarlet," Ophilia greeted, "what do you mean ball?" Scarlet answered only with a roll of her eyes, and a firm instruction to take the princess to her chambers to get ready.

As Ophilia brushed Y/N's hair she asked if she knew anything about this ball. "Ophilia, im sure I know less if this ball than you do." The young princess signed out, wishing she knew what was going on, she had been given no word of an upcoming ball, let alone one tonight. She wondered why her parents didn't tell her, and what or who the ball was for.

ok so idk if i should keep going with this, and maybe turn it into an actual project, unlike "what a mess" bc i dont think i'm ever gonna finish that. so this is my first x reader fanfic and i have no idea of who to make this about, i was thinking maybe wilbur soot but idrk, who do you think?