Let me get to know you

After class was over Raven, Clarke, Harper and Octavia went to their lockers that were right across from each other's. Ravens was on the end but nobody owned the locker next to her. That's what she thought until Murphy walked up, unlocking it as he put his books in.
She wanted to say something to him but she couldn't find the right words. Raven was always pretty confident about herself and talking to others but for some reason, Murphy made her hold back.

"Ooh look who's got the lucky locker next to Reyes" Jasper said as he bit his lip, throwing his arm around her shoulder. Making Murphy look.
"Personal space much?" Raven teased as she shut her locker. "Hey you! Are you new? I haven't seen you around here before, is he new Reyes?" Jasper asked. "Jasper, use that big brain of yours and think. Why would he be in our school, Using our lockers!? And you haven't seen him before. What do you think" Raven said.
"Ohh yeah, your right Reyes, your right.. so are you new?" Jasper asked again. Raven pushed him off of her. "Just transferred" Murphy said.
"And your locker is next to THE Raven Reyes!? Ooh boy, your in for a lot of trouble" Jasper said.

"She has all of the guys wrapped around her finger" Jasper whispered as Raven shoved him in his shoulder. "So she's a whore?" Murphy asked with a smirk. "IM NOT A- Jasper, come on let's go. Go hang out with green over there" Raven told as she pushed him over to Monty and their other friends. She hit her head with her fist with embarrassment. "I'm sorry about Jasper" Raven apologized as Murphy laughed.
"It's fine, I don't think I've had friends like yours" Murphy said. "Then your lucky" Raven replied.
She then looked back to her friends who were lost in their own little world and then looked back toward Murphy who was about to walk away.
"Wait! What are you doing after school?" She asked. "Uh, homework" Murphy replied.
Raven chuckled. "Wanna have lunch together? I'm pretty sure we have the same periods" Raven asked with a smile. Murphy stayed silent for a moment before walking up to her.

"Don't get me in trouble Reyes" Murphy whispered in her ear, taking her wrist to drag her down the hall and outside.
"Oh shit" Octavia said pointing out Murphy and Raven. "She definitely has a crush on him" Harper replied. "Raven Reyes having a crush?!" Jasper yelled. "That's a first" Monty said.
"Just leave them to their own personal lives guys" Clarke said as she lead them toward lunch.
"Their own personal lives?" Jasper muttered.
Murphy had sat down on a nearby bench while Raven did as well.
"You know that there is a room that's called a lunch room, right?" Raven smirked.
"I like having my own space and silence" Murphy replied. "I don't blame you" Raven said.
"So, Murphy, Right?" Raven asked.
"John Murphy, but I'd prefer you don't call me John" Raven nodded as she ate some of her lunch
"Well then, Murphy. Are you from around here?" Raven asked. "Sort of, I lived out in the country for awhile before moving out to the city" He replied.

"Really, my mother lived out in the country before moving into the city. it's how my parents met" Raven said with a smile.
"Yeah, my father had always been a country boy. As cheesy as that sounds" Murphy said returning her smile. "Not at all" Raven told.
"Why did you move out into the city?" Raven asked. "Personal reasons" Murphy said with a cold look that he was trying to hide.
"Well, I've always been in the city. My mom never got to take me out to the country but maybe one day I'll have the money to"Raven said.
Murphy looked up at her curious. Waiting for an explanation. "My parents died in a car accident when I was 9. They were on their way to their honeymoon that day" Raven said with her head down. They stayed silent for a moment, Murphy usually wouldn't really care that much about somebody else's problems but he did with her.

"Sorry" he mumbled out.
"It's whatever, I don't have too many memories with them anyway" Raven told.
They stayed silent for awhile, it was awkward after Raven told him about her parents passing.
"Good job Raven" she mumbled out.
"What?" Murphy asked.
"Oh, nothing" she replied.
"Wanna do something after school?"Raven asked
"That depends" he told. "My uncle isn't gonna be back before dinner so... maybe we could plan something" Raven said.
He chuckled. "Like me or something Reyes?" He asked with a smirk.
She laughed. "Just wanna get to know you" Raven returned his smirk.

"I don't think I've met anyone that's been this gullible towards a person" Murphy teased but Raven saw right through his game.
"Is that a competition Murphy?" She asked.
"No, just my sense of humor" Murphy told.
"Then let's make plans for dinner, I'll understand you more if I know you better then just this sit down talk" Raven said with a grin.
He laughed under his breath before looking up into her eyes.
"Alright, fine. I'll give you my number and you can text me the details" Murphy replied while writing down his number on a piece of paper.
"Text you after school then Murphy" Raven said with a big grin spread across her lips.
She soon got up from the bench and walked inside. "Awesome" she whispered to herself as she opened the door confidently.