introduction

a few disclaimers and warnings before you start the book!

this fic is based off the song "against all odds" by phil collins.

the date and setting will be told at the begging of each chapter. i will try to mention their ages or at least their grades in school.

this will follow them from middle school, throughout high school, and perhaps a little after.

with that being said, there will be a lot of skipping because of the prior seasons to season four. SEASON 4 WILL NOT HAPPEN. it would just be too difficult to even try to write out. with that being said, some stuff from some seasons will be left out, ON PURPOSE. i do not imagine steve and eddie talking during steve's junior year or senior year, y'know during season one and two.

I IMAGINE THAT THEY START INTERACTING IN SEASON 3, AFTER STEVE HAS GRADUATED! eddie is a mall rat let's be real.

however, the most interaction after the high school phase is when eddie is completing his last senior year and steve works at the family fucking video (when season 4 would have started).

this will all make more sense once the book starts.

a couple trigger warnings:
- child abuse/neglect (let's be real, they had it rough)
- bullying/slurs
- smut
- talks about depression or mental illness
- any other triggers, like possible gore (?) or kn!ves or something of that effect, will have a warning at the top of the chapter.

LETS START THIS FIC!!