one ... meeting

this story starts out with my oneshot. i did change some stuff in the oneshot so it wasn't so all at once right away. if you wanna read the original, it's the first oneshot in my oneshot book on my page :)

march 29th, 1980
hawkins, indiana

the playground beside hawkin's middle school was famous for many reasons: middle schoolers getting their first kiss, first fist fights, very illegal drug deals, making new friends, and many more reasons that young steve harrington didn't understand. he wasn't the brightest kid to ever walk the earth.

steve did have his looks going for him though - one of the most adorable children you'd ever meet. not to mention, the last name harrington was well known in the small town of hawkins. his father was a lawyer and his mother was a trophy wife (she worked at the bank).

even though the middle schoolers were supposed to be more mature than elementary kids, a lot of the children still went to the playground after school or on the weekends until the streetlights came on, and then they all road their bikes home.

it was one of the only fun things to do around the bland town.

so, steve harrington found himself dangling his legs back and forth on the swings during a warm spring evening, a tuesday to be exact.

steve was quite popular, but sometimes he just wished to be alone. having so many friends could be overwhelming, all of them wanting attention constantly. it was annoying to steve.

"c'mon steve!" tommy h. shouted as he chased around carol perkins in a game of tag.

steve's head snapped over to tommy who was trying his hardest not to fall over his shoes. he saw tommy tackle down carol, steve immediately furrowing his eyebrows. "hey! get off her."

tommy just laughed as carol pushed him off. "and what are you gonna do, stevie~?" he cooed and mocked steve as he stood up and brushed off the wood pellets.

"it's just not nice, okay?" steve mumbled out, starting to swing his legs back and forth.

"don't be such a buzzkill!" carol squawked out as tommy helped her up. "we were only playing."

"yeah, yeah." steve nodded slightly. he didn't quite like there definition of "playing". steve wasn't one to get on the ground to get those annoying pieces of mulch stuck to him or poking at him like a voodoo doll. he didn't like the dirt or mud either, usually wanting to stay clean. he liked cleanliness.

steve watched tommy and carol grab their bikes from the tree in front of the swings. he wasn't quite ready to go home yet even though the streetlights has just came on and they had school tomorrow. the other kids on the playground were also grabbing their bikes.

"are you coming, harrington?" tommy asked, throwing his leg over the seat of his bike.

"i'm staying here a bit longer, you guys go ahead." steve informed, his hands gripping onto the metal chains harder. "i'll see you two at school."

tommy and carol looked at each other, apparent confusion across their faces. tommy slowly looked back at steve before shaking his head and stepping on his pedals. carol soon followed him, and then the rest of the kids followed behind them.

finally. steve was alone.

steve swings back and forth slightly, the swing squeaking slightly. it was peaceful during the silent nights in hawkins.