KARMA

...

"Hello, everyone. I'm Julia #######, from ####### news, here with Mika ########## about her bands recent breakup. Mika, we've all got several burning questions. First, why did your band break up?"

I'm so tired of news reporters. So sick and tired of them. Not only are they annoying, but everything you say to them is shared with thousands of people. It's like a shitty, gossiping friend.

"One of our bands' members passed away recently. I couldn't bear to be in the band. It isn't the same." I acted fake-sad for TV, when in all reality, I was just pissed at the reporter. How many news stations will be talking about what happened?

"Do you know what he died from? We're dying to know!" Bad choice of words. Don't tell her. Don't tell her. Don't tell her.

"The doctors had said it was organ failure." Ah yes, because being stabbed 37 times could really cause your organs to fail. Sure.

"Oh, I'm so sorry... Do you have any plans for the future? Maybe making another band?"

She needs to learn how to shut the fuck up.

"I'm going to become a solo artist. I'll make my own music by myself."

"Thank you for answering, Mika. Our deepest condolences for the loss of a friend; and family member." No. He was killed just 3 days ago. So many people have told me this with no care for him or for us.

"This has been Julia with Mika ##########. Back to you, Mark." The person recording the interview quickly shut off the camera, leaving all of us in near pitch-blackness. The lights in the street and nearby parking lot were all that illuminated the area. While I was staring at the light, the recording crew piled into the news van and left without a word. I let out a sigh of relief and began to make my way back to the grocery store parking lot where my car was.

I took my keys out of my pocket and unlocked the car door, climbing into the black Honda. I flipped down the sunblocker and looked at myself in the flipped-up mirror. I lool terrible... Disgusting. Weak. I angrily wiped my dripping makeup off of my face. Why was I crying? Am I weak? Am I? I want to know. As I was sobbing in my car over everything, I noticed a tiny, blinking red light. It was so dark that I couldn't see what it was attatched to. I turned on the overhead car light to see what it was.

A tiny camera. ...What? Why is there a camera in my car?

A hand around my neck.

And everything went black.