CHAPTER THIRTY - SPECIAL CHAPTER

FREEN

I never thought that I would fall in love with a woman.

I was 13 years old when someone recruited me as their artist. I didn't know how the industry worked, but I still entered it because I was tired of having a poor life.

I grew up in a low-income family where my parents needed to work hard to provide things for me. I was 13 when I started to view life the way it was. I was starved to get proper and needed weight. I didn't have enough sleep because I needed to wake up early. At a young, I suffered greatly.

I thought I would never be happy again until I met Heng. He was so sweet and gave me everything I needed. He cheered me up on the days I needed someone. He was there all the time, but he suddenly changed. When our popularity arose, he began to cheat. He thought it was okay since I told him I didn't love him, but his actions caused us a significant loss. We were always on the news, and followers went down.

I thought it would end, but Becky came like an angel. She was there to lift me when I was about to fall. She made me feel that I was the best thing that had happened to her. She gave me great happiness I thought I would never experience. She became my world. And for the first time, I cheated on Heng.

I was so devastated when Becky left. Heng manipulated me. He blackmailed me into marrying him. I didn't have a choice. At first, I rejected his proposal since I was waiting for Becky to come back, but as years passed, she didn't return. I stopped waiting for her in my front yard. I stopped writing in my diary. I stopped filming and everything since I thought that would be the end of us.

Then Becky came back as if nothing had happened. As if she didn't leave me. She begged me to go home with her, and at first, I thought I could resist her, but I couldn't. I missed her so much that I let down my guard to let her distort my life again.

I never believed in love until I met her. I became obsessed with her presence that I couldn't let her go for a minute. I wanted to feel her touch every second and every day. I was so into her, not until that day came.

"You know what I can do, Freen. If you didn't break up with her, I would break her bones." Heng threatened me while firmly holding my jaws.

He hurt me, but I couldn't push or run away. He was strong, and I couldn't bare any more pain.

"What do you want me to do after?" I asked.

"Lived with me. Far away from here. I would never cheat again. I would never hurt you again if you do what I say."

I nodded at what he said. He let go of me and kissed my forehead, making me feel disgusted. I didn't know how it came to this, but I hoped Becky would never find out.

I was afraid she would blame herself for everything. I didn't blame her, though, but I was waiting for her. If she didn't leave, we might be happy and content living together.

I dialed my lawyer's number and asked him to file for a divorce, but everything worsened. Heng threatened Becky's family and showed me pictures that he had someone stalking them. I feared he would do something to her, so I went away.

I kept my promise. I would return after a week, but I didn't tell her I would be with her. I was there, watching her from afar and protecting her.

"Where are you going today?" My mother asked when she saw me putting a ribbon on a box.

"I'm going to Becky's condo today." I smiled and gave her the box. "This box is important, Mom. Give this to Becky if you see her someday. I wrote a letter over there." I chuckled.

"Why don't you give it to her?" she asked.

"This is a surprise. You will see her before our wedding day. So, you must be the one to give this to her." I hugged her tight and wore my cap.

"When will you come back?" she asked again.

"Tomorrow." I smiled and waved.

I thought I could, but it was late.

I could feel the stinging pain in my chest caused by the bullet of Heng's gun. I still smiled and wiped the tears falling from Becky's precious eyes.

"Why did you come back?" she asked while holding me in her arms.

"Because I promised," I answered. "I came back after a week, but I didn't show myself. I'm sorry, babe." Tears fell now from my eyes, but I was still chasing my breath.

"Please, hold on. You can do this, okay? We can do this together." She looked around to ask for help, but I shook my head.

"I love you. Always and forever. Okay?" I smiled and gently squeezed her hands.

I couldn't feel anything now, and all I could see was her blurry face.

Thank you, Becky. Thank you for loving me.