Time traveler

Your face hit cold hard concrete. A big contrast from your warm rooms rug. You spit out some small rocks, wiping off your clothes you stand up. Looking around, you didn't recognize anything. Rubbing your temples you heaved a sigh, great now where were you.

You looked down at the pocket watch in your hand, it ticked like normal but the small digits over it had changed. 1924.

You sulked for a second, this was way to far back than you were supposed to go. And by your calculations you had to wait about a year before you could use it again. Why? Because depending on how far back you go, the more energy it takes off the watch. It could of course charge faster, but since you didn't bring the charger. There was no way to hurry it up.

And worse was you only had stuff on you that wouldn't help you survive. Like your phone, the phone charger, some earphones, some snacks, water and other useless nicknacks. All stuffed neatly in your messenger bag. You look up at the sky, it was painted with hues of purples, blues, oranges and yellows. The sun was setting. Which would've normally been a magical sight, but it only meant that soon night would come. And then you'd be forced to find shelter.

You groan, putting in one of your earphones and turning on some music you had saved for occasion likes these.

You didn't know where you were in the world. But your first clue was that you were in a alleyway. Yet that didn't tell much, you cautiously looked out. There were barely any people out on the street. Expect some homeless people, occasionally a drunk person plus a girl that all had a short bob with a sparkly short dress. I think that's called a flapper. But you still couldn't understand where you were. Since you weren't good with geography, and there wasn't a single sign in sight telling where you were.

If only the watch told where you had gone, but noOo.

You started to walk in the shadows of the alley. Making sure to stay unnoticed, luckily you had grew good at that. So you waited while leaning against the wall until it grew darker. After a while it was dark enough that seeing your own nose was hard to do. You moved from your place peeking out of the alley again. Nothing except some occasional drunks, so you decided to start walking the Main Street. Keeping your head low and moving quickly so that no one noticed your modern clothes.

But barely anyone was there, so you decided to try and find any type of sign. Making sure to read every text that came into view. Even if it was just a shops name, you continued walking until you came across a entrance to a park. It was by the start of a forest, so you decided to check it out. Walking the path through the trees. It was pretty, but everything old is pretty when you see it in it's time. When you came to the actual park here was a bridge over a river. It looked mythical with the moonlight reflecting on the water.

Walking over you stepped up on the stone bridge. Leaning over the edge and seeing your reflection in the water. You stared at yourself before looking ahead, spacing out as you saw a doe walk out the forest. Bending down and eating the grass, you laughed making it's ears flicker. Looking up it noticed you, it stared with it's ears straight up. It seemed like it's black eyes stared at you for a hour before it went back to eating. You snorted, admiring it as it elegantly walked around.

But after a while your attention got a bit distracted. You looked back down at the river, looking at your own reflection along with the other one. It was a calming mo-wait...Another one?

Quickly turning around you yelped seeing another person. "J-jESUS CHRIST" you yelled backing up and glaring at the person who scared your soul out of you. He laughed, his brown eyes closing before opening half lidded in amusement. You gripped your beating heart.

"Why, who-how? How LoNg have you been standing there????" Your voice cracked. He was smiling a very...how can I say this...well EVIL smile. "Apologizes dear, didn't mean to frighten you" he spoke in a accent you recognized but couldn't quite but your finger on. You hum, looking back at the doe that no longer was there. Before looking back, inspecting this dude. He had brown fluffy hair, dark brown eyes, almond skin and round glasses. He wore a brown vest with a white button up under. A bow tie darker brown pants and some slacks.