Night Changes

Rose's POV

I had to face facts..... It was my fault. I'm the one who put him in danger, not him. I felt the tears come faster now than before; it was going to be harder to stop. I cuddled into his chest, letting his arms drape around me. I never wanted to let him go.....

Suddenly I felt a tear fall on my hand. But it wasn't my tears - it was his. I held him closer to me, surrounding myself in his warmth. Look what I've done....Eventually I was starting to run out of tears - thank goodness - as my throat began to dry out.

I started to cough, letting my tears fall onto my lip. I couldn't bare to see him this way....

All of a sudden my mind went blank. All I could hear were my thoughts ringing inside of my brain. Its all my fault....

Before I knew it, the crying had stopped. I was completely dehydrated from the tears soaking up in his pillow. I suddenly felt tired again, not daring to lift my head.

It was like being a child; crying myself to sleep because of the unfairness. Only this time, I wanted to go to sleep. I wanted to dream of happiness.... Not reality. I took a deep breath, then while kissing his shoulder, closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.

Harry's POV

She was still crying minutes later, making me feel so afraid. I didn't want her to cry....I wanted her to be happy. I thought about what she said, making it playback in my head. Everything that she said played back in my head. All the memories we shared, and the times I would tell her it was OK.

But this time, she wasn't. She was broken down, and I was the one to blame. I felt another tear come and land on our conjoining hands. She looked so fragile, holding me closer. But it only made me feel more guilty.

I had to stop these tears from falling; I had to rescue her. I looked at my options and realized my best choice; i had to let her go.

I couldn't risk breaking my promise to her again. I wanted to make her feel safe and happy, even if I had to leave. I know that I'll be torn if I lose her, but she was worth it. Her happiness meant more to me than anything this world had to offer.

I looked down at her as she kissed my shoulder, finally resting. I kissed her on the head in response and fell back onto my pillow. She was finally sleeping. I felt my nerves begin to relax as I watched her sleep. I haven't slept in two days but it didn't matter. I wasn't going away....

At least for now. I had to. She was everything to me, but that also meant she deserved to be happy. I wasn't going to force her to live with my mistakes even though I desperately wanted to. I didn't want to lose her, but I also didn't want to see her so upset.

I kept weighing my options, making my heart sink. I kept looking down at her beautiful, tear-stained face and it made me want to cry even more. I wiped away the few remaining tears and stared into the ceiling.

What am I going to do?

I started to change my mind after seeing her peacefully asleep. We could make this work, I thought. I won't hurt her again....I'll keep my promise. For as long as I live.

Suddenly I felt the urge to cry even more. I was so confused....she was so important. I didn't want to make the wrong decision....

Before I could think about it anymore, I felt her move around.

"Harry....will you sing me a song?"

I smiled down at her, and began to sing.

Rose's POV