𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐯. 𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐲 𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡

IF ONLY YOU WERE LONELY
8x16

With Ana in town, Charlotte hadn't gotten much done.

Not just around the house. At work, too. She hadn't talked to April in a few days—which was not approved by Ana.

Although, the younger Brown sister had been occupying most of Charlottes free time. Ana had come to regret that with her last few days in town approaching.

Which is why Ana pushed Charlotte to spend as much time as possible with April at work today.

Charlotte was getting annoyed with the constant beeping in her pocket, indicating her sister was reminding her to seek her 'work crush' out.

So Charlotte plopped down in the office chair behind Aprils, rolled the chair over to sit beside the redhead, and watched as she worked. Charlotte doesn't miss the slight smile on April's face as she appears beside her.

Nor does she miss the pink tint that appears on April's cheeks as she watches her intently.

Charlotte studies the curves of April's cheekbones, the natural blush that appears on them. She notices the orange tint to her red hair—the freckles that line her cheeks and nose.

After a bit more studying, Charlotte breaks the silence. "Did you have any pets growing up?"

April mouth twists up at Charlottes interest.

"Uh," April licks her bottom lip, "A f— fish tank, couple of hamsters, two dogs— why?"

"I'm just trying to get to know you better," Charlotte leans forward, leaning her elbow on the desk. "That's all."

April looks over at Charlotte, and Aprils eyes now have a sparkle in them.

"What were your dogs names?"

"Well, let's see," April put her thinking face on as she continued typing into her computer. "Uh, there was Buster and, um.. Pickles."

"Pickles?" Charlotte smiled.

"Pickles was a Schnauzer," April beamed back at her, but then her smile fades because this was unlike Charlotte. "What are you doing?"

"I told you, I want to get to know you," Charlotte bit the inside of her cheek.

April did her best to believe her, "Okay.. what else you want to know?"

"A lot."

"On one condition," April shut her computer off to give Charlotte her full attention as well.

"What is it?" Charlotte smirked.

"You let me get to know you, too," April watched Charlotte, waiting for her approval.

"Okay."

❄️

Jealousy was something Charlotte Brown would never admit to feeling.

But right now she felt it more than ever.

After her and April had talked all morning, Charlotte eventually had to do a little work. So she went and checked her patients, filled in a few charts, got lunch for her and April, and made it back to April's office all done in two hours.

Once she had gotten back, Cristina was sitting in the chair Charlotte had been sitting in only two hours before.

She was bugging April about something—the nurses schedule, Charlotte guessed—and eventually April caved and gave it to her.