Eighteen

Nate came back, but no one was saying a word. Which confused him. "Hello?"

They looked up at him. "You're home. Didn't think you was coming back." Rosalie stated. "Oh wait. There is a human named Bella Swan."

The sounds of someone walking downstairs caused them to look and see Carli walking down half asleep. Edward ran to the stairs. "Baby, you should be in bed."

"We're hungry." She tells him. "I would love to go get a chocolate doughnut with jelly."

They all made a face causing the blonde to roll her eyes. Edward smiled as he kissed her head. "Let's get you and the baby fed."

"I love you."

Nate looked at them wondering why he was the only one who thinks that the baby was a bad idea. "Am I the only one who thinks the baby is a bad idea."

"No because the Volturi was informed." Carlisle tells him. "Carli is very protective as of now. Eleazar is on his way with his coven to meet Carli. We want to see what type of gift Carli has because whatever it is has Edward acting like a human being."
~~~
The next day at school, things were going good. People congratulated Carli and Edward about the news of the baby, but that didn't bother them. Not even the stares of Bella Swan. Nate watched them himself and wondered how two people are the way they are. They talk, they plan, their everything that none of the other Cullens are. A team. "So, we have to go to the hospital for the first ultrasound."

"I'm excited to see our little one."

"Agree."

Emmett saw them and smiled. "So, are we excited to see the baby for the first time?"

"You know we are." She looked at Edward smiling. "We were thinking about what we should do after the appointment."

The bell rang causing Carli to kiss Edward and walk to class. Edward smiled as he watched his mate go to class. "Emmett, there's something we need to talk about." He says as they walked to their class. "I'm asking you as you are her brother."

"What do you want to ask me?"

"Your blessing."
~~~
Rosalie found Carli sitting down with a book. She walked over and at down. "Emmett and Edward are up to something."

"I know. That's why this morning I head on to class as Edward wanted to speak to Emmett, but I don't want to know what it is. I know Edward wants to surprise me."

"Agree." Rosalie says. "So, any names yet?"

"We are waiting for the moment the baby is born. That way no one doesn't steal his or her name."

Rosalie smiled till she saw Bella. Carlie looked up and saw the girl walking by, but she grabbed Rosalie's hand to reassure her that everything will be just fine. "As long as we ignore her."

"Okay."

"Nate, I don't think he will listen. He finally found someone for him and he is going to do everything to be with her, but  as Alice said, he will fight with himself too." Carli says. "But, I'm leaving early for this appointment so I'll be waiting by Edward's car."

"I want copies."

"Of course, godmother."

Rosalie looked at her and hugged her. "Thank you so much...Sissy."
~~~
At the hospital, Carli and Edward sat waiting for Carlisle when they saw Nate standing outside the room. "Something happened after we left. Did it?"

"Bella was involved in an accident and Nate showed his speed and strength." Carli looked at him. "Whatever happens, we are staying out of it. I need to focus on you and our little one."

"That we do."

Nate heard them and knew that whatever happens, Edward nor Carli will help. He's alone in this for now. Hopefully things get better.