The Letter

Dear Mom and Dad,

Well, if I called you guys that, it would imply that you're still taking care of me so let me start over.

Dear Assholes,

I don't know why I still kept your contacts, but a part of me felt like I should after Kyle convinced me that it's best to stay in contact with your parents even if they're the biggest losers in the world. I did write back a few times, but you guys didn't reply. I guess I wasted time on nobodies but I don't know if you guys still cared for me. Here's what happened the few times I tried writing to you:

Remember when me and Bailee got married? I know that you guys saw me and Bucket dating the last time you saw me, but sometime later, we broke up and stayed as friends. Eventually, me and Bailee developed feelings for each other sometime later. I remembered sending you invitations to come to my wedding, but it probably got thrown in the mail. It would have been nice to have my parents there for my big day but that's ok because Charlie and Vaggie were there.

Speaking of them, they offered to show me around the city after I escaped home to deal with some spiritual being called the Lady Bone Demon. Remember the study abroad program I told you guys me and my friends were doing? That was a lie to escape. If I didn't then Charlie and Vaggie wouldn't have adopted me but I'm happy that they treat me better as parents more than you could since it's very funny considering that you're my biological parents, but you treat me horribly. They even helped me with my socially awkward tendencies as well so that's something.

After our wedding, our families pitched in to fund for a nice two-story house. It's quiet around there, but it feels nice. Then me and Bailee agreed to adopt two girls, Marnie and Ms. Chalice. You should see them since they're cute, adorable, and sweet. Maybe you guys thought of me as that before all the abuse started in middle school when I met Stan, Kyle, Kyoko, Toko, Komaru, Usagi, and the others.

When I moved into the city, the Solars were very nice and we went through a lot of fun together, something that I wished that we had. Guess they're a good influence on me so I can become a good role model for my kids unlike you guys. I'm improving myself because of you. It's not to make you guys proud, but to tell that I can take care of myself and don't need you anymore. 

I keep telling myself that. Watching Lena, Arkys, Daniela, Clover, and Trixie bond with their dad, Lucifer, sometimes hurts because I wish that could be us but you never bothered. It would be nice to have my parents as good role models but all you ever do is belittle my interests and friends and put me down. Heck, even Macaque that demon monkey doesn't want anything with you.

You know, for most of my life, I have always thought that everything was my fault. Granted that I wasn't the best kid when I was little but I at least try. I tried so hard to impress you guys and I feel that I hate myself for that. I hate how I wasted my time in trying to impress people that hurt me but I'm done. This is the last letter I'm writing to you. Just to let you know, you have no control over me. I have a loving wife, two sweet daughters, and caring friends and that's what I need to be happy.

Have a good life and hope you die miserable.

From your daughter,
Lynn Magne