Powerpuff Girls Banned Episode

If you were born in the 90s or early 2000s then you probably know what "The Powerpuff Girls" is. If not then I will tell you, it is a children's action show that aired on Cartoon Network from 1998 to 2005 with the reboot airing in 2016 and is continuing. It centers around three kindergarten age girls with superpowers with names being Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup.

Why am i talking about this you ask? Well what if i told you that i found the most disturbing episode to ever exist. Sounds insane you say? Well it's actually a long and horrifying story.

I was trying to find a birthday gift for my seven-year-old sister back in 2008. I went out to find a gift into town and I stopped at a yard sale held by a really nice family. I knew I was looking and seeing if they had any of their daughters wanting to sell their stuff, then i came across a stack of DVDs. I asked the lady what they were and she said they were her ex-husbands and had a bad habit of making burnt DVDs of episodes of different shows. I looked through it and one caught my attention it was a DVD that was used to make home videos and it was written in red sharpie marker reading "Powerpuff Girls Banned Episode". I remember my sister telling me that she loved this show the reason why I was not worried was because I assumed it was the rock opera title known as "See Me, Feel Me, Gnomey" which was banned because Cartoon Network never claimed that the metal beam in the destroyed buildings looked too much like crosses and one of the hippies looked like Jesus. This was confirmed in a blog posted by Craig McCracken who created the series. I asked her how much was it and she stared at me like she was worried about something I asked if she was okay and the next thing i knew she just told me to take it and not tell anyone about it. I was very confused because I did not see what was the big deal. It was just a kids show. I just shrugged my shoulders and went home.

When I arrived there was a note on the door from my mom saying that she went out to do some errands and that my sister was at a friend's house and that she should be back soon. I went into the house and got curious about what the episode was like since I never saw the episode so i put the dvd in my laptop put my headphones on and start watching.

The DVD started with the intro from the original version but it was very weird. Bubbles was the only main character to be in the intro in fact to make it even more uncomfortable it acted like the other two girls were there as normal so she still appeared second and was in the far left of the screen during the moving hearts. The professor and the villains appeared as normal though and the narrator was still speaking in the beginning "Sugar, Spice, and Everything Nice" that kind of thing and then the title card came in as normal but instead of "See Me, Feel Me, Gnomey", the episode was titled "The Grieving Girl" which was also very weird but assuming it was a glitch. I ignored it. The laptop then got an error. The laptop was very old and it always does stupid stuff luckily it was the error messages that you can just exit out of so I was able to fix it after a few seconds but when i did something seemed very off it showed the first scene which was basically Bubbles crying on her bed and this wasn't just cartoon crying, it sounded pretty real. This gave me a huge chill on my spine. Anyway I tried pausing it but it wasn't working so I just kept watching.

Bubbles was crying for another minute before it went black and a white text spelling out "Two Hours Earlier". It then showed a normal scene of The Powerpuff Girls fighting Mojo Jojo. Mojo had a jet pack and this really cool looking laser beam that he kept shooting at random areas. The laser itself was really huge and was flashing yellow and white. The flashing gave me a huge headache.

So anyway as the girls were fighting Blossom asked Mojo

"Why do you keep destroying our city?".

Mojo respond with "Because i can, bitches!".

The last word made my jaw dropped. I mean I heard of induendos but this was ridiculous. I could already see why this episode was banned.

It then showed Bubbles flying towards what i assume was Mojo and I heard a very distorted and loud meow. Bubbles stopped and looked behind her and it revealed to be a very ugly and skinny cat stuck on a tree. Bubbles was not happy that she had to do two things at once. She thought about it for a split five seconds and decided to get the cat out of the tree real quick before going back to fighting as she did so. It cut back to Blossom and Buttercup fighting. As soon as a laser was heading towards the two, Blossom yelled to Bubbles that she needed her echo voice or whatever it was. She knows that Bubbles was nowhere to be found. Buttercup showed her where she was and Blossom respond with

"She just had to do it it didn't she?".

Bubbles putting the cat on the ground when there was a huge bang heard in the background it gave me a huge chill up my spine.

Bubbles went to see if the others two were okay and when they showed their look... don't even get me started. There were multiple bruises all over them, there was even some blood dripping out of them and to make metals worse the blood looked 3d and realistic. They also had some of their organs out and it also looked realistic.

It was then Bubbles knew what happened. She was the reason her sisters died.

I pretty much lost my color after seeing this so I decided to restart my laptop so I wouldn't have to watch the episode anymore. However as soon as I put the password in again it went straight to where I left off. I didn't decide to see how it ended.

We returned to the scene where Bubbles was crying on her bed. Only it sounded more agonized than ever. It was like Tara Strong the voice of Bubbles was in agony too.

When she finished, she put her arms down and showed me the most disturbing image I have ever seen. Her eyes were normally designed only it was hyper realistic. Then the blue iris was blood red coincidentally. There was blood dripping down her face. The screen zoomed slowly until it got close to bubbles face and when it did she went very close to the screen and showed this very angry face with the same eye design and she screamed the following sentence

"IF MY SISTERS DIE, THEN YOU MUST DIE TOO!".

The scream was so loud that my ears were ringing for a minute.

Man... there's no way that I'm gonna give this to my sister I should have bought.

A last minute card the screen went black and the DVD ejected itself.

I wonder what this was even made for.

So I looked it up and apparently the reason it was made was because the writer was informed of the show getting cancelled and the episode was banned for explicit content. The writers were fired and arrested for attempting to traumatize children.

But I'll leave you with this.

If you find a burnt DVD and it has a suspicious title on it...

do not watch it or you will regret it.