Leaving that place behind

TW:alcohol,yelling,blood

A few more years later in 6th grade it finally ended!And I was actually pretty now,and I was still friends with Ella,thankfully!

I was walking through the halls meeting up with Ella in between classes before 5th period started.

"Hey y/n/n!" Ella said hugging me,we still used the same nicknames for each other."hey El!" I said hugging her back."can I spend the night tonight?" Ella asked."uhm idk I have to ask?" I said even though I knew I wasn't going to ask and just say my mom said no.I didn't want her over at that time!

She smiled and we went to class.

After school I started walking home when I saw Maddy
in some dudes truck pass me.

"HEY Y/N!" Maddy screamed out the window."YEA?" I screamed back."GET IN THE TRUNK!NATES TAKING US HOME!" I smiled and hopped in the back of the truck as I tied up my hair.He drove fast and I didn't wanna fuck up my hair!

He started driving as Maddy opened the window in the back."Hey sis!" She said looking at me."heyyy!" I said back,feeling the wind as Nate drove.It was really relaxing feeling the wind and closing my eyes.

Once Nate stopped the car Maddy joined me in the back. "here." I tossed her a hair tie."Omg thank you!" She said while tying up her hair.

But when we got inside the house,our parents were fighting...

"Maddy?" I turned to her.
"Uhm...just come with me!" She said,grabbing my hand and leaving with me.

When we got outside Nate was already gone,so wherever she wanted to go to we had to walk.

"Maddyyy!we've been walking forever!are we there yet?" I groaned.
"Yes?look!" She pointed towards a shop
"A gas station?you wanna stay at a gas station?" I said giving her a look.
"It's not just a gas station dumbass?" She rolled her eyes and we went inside.

When we walk in I felt a rush of cold air,thank god!

"Hey Maddy and..?" This One man said from behind the register."
"Oh-this is my little sister,y/n!" Maddy said giving me $15
"Oooo!" I said an ran to the chip aisle.

They talked and I put candy,chips,and soda on the counter for the man."$9.75" he said and I gave him a $10,Maddy didn't need to know?He bagged my stuff and I sat outside while waiting for Maddy.

She was in the store foreverrrr!Then she finally got out and sat next to me.

"Why'd it take you so long and where did you even go-what's those pills?" I asked her.
"Don't worry about it?just eat your snacks and chill for a bit!" Maddy said and elbowed me.

At some point it started getting a bit dark so me and Maddy went home.On the way home some dudes started following us in their car,but another car honked at them.

"GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY ASSHOLE!" It was the dude from the gas station!And...a kid?
"OH-fez!" Maddy smiled.

The one car drove away.

"Hey y'all can't just be walking out here alone?get in I'll take y'all home." Fez said point towards the backseats.

When we made it home we slowly and quietly walked up to Maddys room.But the stairs were creepy asf!Her dad had woken up and we started running to her room now!"oh-oh my god!" Maddy said breathing."imagine if your dad burst i-" I fucking jinxed it.Her dad burst in.

"WHERE THE HELL WERE YALL!?HUH!" Ah shit!Hes been drinking.
"I picked y/n up from Ella's?" Maddy said with a convincing face.
"Oh-ok.." Maddys dad said and left.
"But you don't have a-" i was about to say she doesn't have a car but she cut me off.
"He's drunk?he dosent know that?" Maddy laughed and fell back.

The next morning I woke up on Maddys floor.
"What the fu..." I saw broken glass and blood infront of me...Beer bottle glass.
"SHIT!" I jumped up to see Maddy was missing.
I ran down the stairs screaming her name and found her and her dad arguing in our front yard.

"YEAH?WELL FUCK YOU!YOU FAT ASS ALCOHOLIC!" Maddy screamed pointing at her dad.
"LEAVE MY FUCKING HOUSE TOU SLVT!" Her dad screamed back.

Next thing I know,Maddy was in her room,tears and mascara running down her face as she packed her stuff.

"M-maddy..." I said trying not to cry.
"Yea?" She said while wiping her tears.
"Can I...can I go with you?" She stopped packing and looked at me.
"Of course!go pack!" She said hugging me.I was really happy!

I ran and started packing when my mom came in.

"Hun-what are you packing for?" She said with that one mom pose (👯‍♀️sorta like this)
"Im staying with Ella." I said,they couldn't know where I was actually staying!
"Uhm I never said you could?" My mom said mad.
"Yeah,you didn't?but I did." I said while zipping my packed bag.
"I wait wait wait wait!" She said as I passed her and went downstairs.

I immediately saw Nate's truck in the front and threw my suitcase in the truck,along with me.Then he sped off before our mom came outside.

Me and Maddy smiled at our freedom,I never felt more happy knowing that my parents won't have control over what I do anymore!Not about how I dress,how I act,how I look,It's just me.