Chapter 24

𝓓𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓴 𝓗𝓪𝓵𝓮

𝓓𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓴 𝓗𝓪𝓵𝓮

I felt so bad about Sophie. Holding her while she cried broke my heart, it hurt me seeing her hurt. I haven't felt like that in a long time. But I can't help but think it was my fault she was crying and hurting. I am essentially the reason her and Stiles were fighting,

they were fighting because of her and I's relationship. Stiles was mad at her for the way I looked at her. She told me everything he said to her and if I wasn't trying to be a better guy I would have immediately drove to his house and ripped his head off for the things he said.

But I am trying to be a better guy for Sophie and there was no way I was leaving her with how upset she was. She was cried so much I don't think she has any tears left to cry anymore for the rest of her life. I stayed with her all night and refused to leave her side.

Even though she didn't put up a fight for me to leave, I still wouldn't have if she did. I left around 7am before he mom woke up so she wouldn't see me, i waited around the corner for her so I could drive her to school. Which that didn't last long before she came rushing out searching for me.

Apparently Stiles had tried to talk to her about the conversation but she tried to ignore him. Then while that was happening Sarah the cheer captain came over and she snapped at her and quit the cheer team then proceeded to walk out of school.

At least she tried, it wasn't her fault she unexpectedly got bombarded with Stiles and Sarah. She handled her anger well though even though she did lash out on Sarah, but at least she didn't rip her head off. Before, she probably would have tried.

I spent the day with her, making sure to keep her mind off of things like Stiles and Lydia and her worry's about how her mom was going to react to her unexpectedly quitting the cheer team. We hung out mostly at the warehouse only leaving once to get food.

We spent the afternoon teaching Boyd and Issac some more defense moves before I drove her home. Her mom wasn't home, neither was Scott so she invited me up to her room which led us to now where we're on her bed with her in my lap making out. 

She pulled away, "what are we gonna say if my mom walks in?" I looked at her confused, "um, nothing because she's not going to walk in." She sighed, "how do you know that? I'm not one hundred percent sure she's even working late like she said. She always changes her mind at the last second about these things."

I smiled reassuringly, "we'll hear her before she ever even walks in the front door." She shook her head, "not if we're distracted by eating each others faces." She pointed between us as I chuckled at her description of us making out. "I'll hear her, I promise."

I smiled as I leaned back in to reconnect our lips, she stopped me as she placed her finger over my mouth, "what are we gonna do about the Kanima situation? What makes you so that it's Lydia?" I sighed pulling way shrugging, "because the bite didn't take to her just like Jackson, and I already tested Jackson and it's not him so she's the only other person it could be." She nodded slowly,

I could tell her mind was overloading with thoughts and questions and even more so with worry. Lydia was her best friend and now she could potentially be the thing tying to murder people, it's probably a lot to take in. "Look, I'm not even one hundred percent sure so that's why I'm gonna have you, Isaac and Erica test her." She nodded,

"And how are we gonna do that? She isn't exactly my biggest fan and Issac can't go to school because he's still technically a fugitive." I nodded smiling slightly, "about that, Issac had Jackson talk to the sheriff for him and tell him he didn't actually see him arguing with his dad right before he was murdered."

She chuckled shaking her head, "and it worked?" I shrugged, "I guess so because he can go back to school now." She shook her head in disbelief. I sighed rubbing my hand over her ass, "now can we please get back to making out because at this point I am kinda taking offense to you swerving me."

She sighed looking down, her mood seemed to switch now. Like she was uncomfortable, "hey, what's wrong?" I questioned her worried as she shrugged looking back up to me, "I just feel like today was the first time we hung out together since adding a label that we didn't make out or was touching either for half of the time."

I nodded slowly listening to her, "and I enjoyed it. I mean don't get me wrong I also really enjoy making out with you it's just, I don't know. I feel like we're focusing more on the benefits part then we are the friends part anymore." I nodded confused as to what she was getting at,

"Okay, so you want to take a step back? Slow things down?" she shrugged, "maybe." I nodded reassuringly, "okay, that's totally fine with me. I had no idea you didn't like doing all that, I just thought you liked it because you never said you didn't. I'm sorry for pushing it so much."

She shook her head, "no, no don't apologize because you didn't push it at all. Just last night and today made me realize I need a friend more than I need a, partner or companion I guess, at the moment. And even though your lips is a totally great distraction, I just think that that kind of distraction isn't the healthiest distraction for me, you know?"

I nodded smiling reassuringly, "I get it. And I am okay with taking a step back and only being your friend right now, if that's what you want and need." She smiled nodding, "yes." I nodded agreeing with her. "Okay." I reassured her as her smiled turned brighter.

I think I just fell even more in love with her, if It was even possible for me to fall more then I'd already had for her. She had felt comfortable enough with me to express her feelings about wanting to take a step back with me. She felt like she could trust me with her real and raw feelings.

Why am I so happy about that? I am perfectly fine with taking a step back if it makes her feel better, as long as she's happy I'm happy. I can survive however long without sex, without making out, without all of that with her as long I can still have her in my life.

I never knew I could need someone as much as I need Sophie McCall in my life. She makes me want to be a better person. She makes me feel things I have ever never felt before, she's even made me say and do things I have never said or did before.

She's changed me for the complete better and I am not complaining one bit because it was all worth it in my book. Sophie McCall has helped me in so many different ways more in just the past 2 and a half months than anyone ever has in my whole life.

I don't deserve her, I don't deserve her love or her affection but I am so glad I have it and I am going to do everything in my power to make sure I never lose her.

Hello friends!! Sorry for the kinda short chapter, I kinda took a break from my phone and writing so I kinda just wrote what I wanted for this chapter and Derek's thoughts on Stiles and Sophie's situation and the conversation where sophie asked to...

Hello friends!! Sorry for the kinda short chapter, I kinda took a break from my phone and writing so I kinda just wrote what I wanted for this chapter and Derek's thoughts on Stiles and Sophie's situation and the conversation where sophie asked to take a step back because of that!! I've also been thinking and I have decided to change my updating schedule to every Tuesday and Friday because updating three times a week is just too much for me right now!! This way I have more time to complete a better chapter without stressing and an edit for tiktok!!
Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I love you all and I appreciate all of the love I've been receiving on this book!!🫶🏼🫶🏼🫶🏼

Tiktok; https.speliva