Chapter 6 - Could be a New Friend?

- (Y/n)'s POV -

The next morning, you awoke at the crack of dawn. Or maybe just after. Your desk was filled with clutter from books you were reading and studying. You may have been experienced, but that never stopped you from furthering your studies. And after getting ready, you made your way to The Ancient One, as you did every morning to run down your duties for the day.

"I would like to see him this morning, I feel he may be a lot of work." She says, causing you both to smirk.

"I wish you luck" You hum in response, happy she was going to be taking him under her wing instead of leaving him to Mordo or yourself. 

She, however, could sense this. As always.

"I would like for you to train him." 

"Wha-"

"Master Mordo as well. He may be better to spar with. You, however, may be a better mental teacher to someone like him." She added, holding up a finger to stop you from interrupting.

You slumped into the chair opposite her and sipped your tea. This was the only breakfast you ever ate so you savoured it as best you could. But this news was not helping you enjoy your morning. You gave her a questioning look. Though training new students was never too terrible, you always preferred the physical training, especially when it came to someone like Strange - you didn't want to endure his stubbornness.

"What's the worst that could come of it? I thought you said we could use a man like Strange?" She questioned, smirking behind her steaming cup of tea.

"It wasn't me that said that." You groaned, but you knew there was no arguing with her. 

She had been nice enough to give you the afternoon lessons to teach, which you preferred. And you had time before you were bound to Strange.

"Could be a new friend?" She said getting up, causing you to choke on your tea. 

You despised this protective side of her, always seeing you as the 8-year-old you were when you first arrived at Kamar-Taj. 

She laughed, seeing your face. 

"I'm joking." 

But you knew she wasn't. 

She saw how you were emotionally distant to everyone in the temple. Only herself, Mordo, Wong, and up until recently, Kaecilius, ever got through to you. Although it was usually nothing very much, she saw how you felt more relaxed around them, as opposed to your high walls always being up; that alert state you were constantly in.

"Well if he calls Dormammu, I'll be the first to let you know." You stated as you got up to leave, making your way to Strange's room.

---

Stephen awoke once the sun had worked its way through his blinds. He was surprised at how comfortable the bed was, considering how uncomfortable it looked. After you had left yesterday, he took a long overdue shower and, with tiredness overtaking him, he instantly fell asleep. All with just one thought. 

You. 

He had his now broken watch on his desk, with an engraving on the back from Christine, his ex-girlfriend, colleague, and now friend.

Time will tell how much I love you.

And even though he read it knowing who it was from, he couldn't help but think about you. He was intrigued. After all, you had potentially saved his life yesterday, and you didn't even know him. Now all he could think about were the small details.