A picnic

A picnic

This morning was going fine. Mia decided that she would surprise her lover by going to visit him at the hospital. She wanted to make this day memorable to him because it was their 1 year anniversary, so she decided to have a mini picnic in the hospital. She packed a variety of snacks and fruit so her lover won't eat the same sickening food every day. After she finished packing she caught the bus to the hospital.

After she entered the hospital she walked to the front desk to sign in. One of the nurses escorted her to her lover's room. Once Mia arrived she was so excited to see him.

He opened his eyes from his afternoon nap. The first thing he saw was her. Then he noticed a picnic blanket. He was really excited but could only show it through his facial expressions.

"Love how have you been doing?" Mia questioned with curiosity. "I'm ok" he said in a soft soothing voice lying in the hospital bed. "No you're not my love" she said with her hand on his heart. His beating heart was getting slower every day.

Noah's heart stopped Mia panicked and yelled at the top of her lungs "NURSE" the nurse came running in. "Is Noah ok?" said Mia in a panic. "I'm so sorry for your loss" she said with a worried look on her face. "I'm so sorry but you're gonna have to go home." "It's ok I'll go home" Mia said with a sad look on her face

It's been months since that day and she's still traumatised. She's afraid that anyone who gets close to her will die. Ever since that her brother was the only one who could talk to her.
"Hey Mia you need to eat." Broody said with doubt in his eyes. Mia was on her bed with a blanket around her, binge watching her favourite show for the fifth time this month.