53 | dwaekki

fifty-three ,,
dwaekki

it's silent after those words left your mouth

it's silent after those words left your mouth. is this the time that you will get rejected even after you and him both admitted to your true feelings? like at this point, can it even take that turn still?

with everything that happened, you're sure even that could happen still, that chan doesn't love you anymore.

maybe it truly is too late.

you wouldn't be surprised if you were.

you look at chan, him blinking a few times before his eyes meet yours.

you're scared for his response. maybe it was a bit much for him to take it all in and then you ending it with the "im in love with you". but what else were you supposed to do? wait and then drop it? maybe he would have an answer then.

"things make so much sense now..." chris finally says after the silence.

"ugh, just look at us," he says, shaking his head repeatedly as he stands up and starts pacing in his room.

"we were together, loving our time and everything. then i had to make you believe you weren't loved just for you to move to new york with your friend and tryna move on. i tried getting over you and you tried getting over me and we guessed it was both true just to find out that we were both still in love with each other all these years?? dammit, we are terrible."

your eyes widen at the words. so he is still in love with you. of course he is... the lyrics were still true to this day, even if they've been written over a year ago.

chan stops pacing around and turns his body towards you. you look up to him. you widen your eyes when he pulls you up and has both his hands on the sides of your upper arms.

"we have to start over."

you frown, "what do you mean? we can't erase the past?"

"no, but we can learn from it."

he smiles a little and lets go of you. he then walks out of his room and shuts the door, leaving a confused you behind.

a little over two minutes later he comes back.

he opens the door, his smile now gone and him holding a dwaekki plush in his hands.

"hey, riley! these are my bandmates."

chan then throws the rest of the skzoo on his bed. "you should get to know them well because you'll be working with them from now on!" he tries to immitate changbin's voice.

your hand covers your mouth as you try to hold in your laugh.

"oh, and this is bang chan. our leader!"

he throws dwaekki on the bed as well and tries not to laugh as he walks up to you. he bows slightly, "nice to meet you, my name's bang chan."

you chuckle and bow back, recreating the meeting you and him had when you first met. although you were much more nervous back then.