01

I entered the bar, sliding through the crowds of dancing bodies, glittering with sweat. Then i bumped into a hard chest "Shit sorr-" My words were cut off as i looked up at him. My jaw dropped and my mouth went dry 'Damn he's beatiful'. He chuckled and leaned close to my ear
    "Don't worry about it, just be careful next time." He pulled back before moving around me, pressing himself against me. I shook my head, bringing myself back to reality and walked to the bar. I sat with my drink and waited for her.

When it hit 3am we decided it was time to leave, I ordered an uber and decided to wait outside for it. I heard grunts coming from the alley behind me, at first I ignored it, until i heard his voice. Slowly, I looked around the corner, seeing the same guy from earlier now ontop of someone, as blood poured from his now lifeless body. I gasped in horror. He turned towards me and our eyes met 'Shit' I thought and started to run, my heals clicking on the path. As I turned around I saw him walking towards me 'Fuck Aein, of course you just had to look!' I scolded myself mentally. I turned my head back around and saw them "Help! Please he's chasing me! Please help!" I called out.

They all turned and looked at me, a wave of relief washed over me as one pulled me close to him. The man behind finally caught up to us. My heart raced as they towered over to him. The one holding my hand looked at him before saying "Hyunjin, what's up bro." My eyes widened in shock, I tried to free my hands from his grip but he was too strong.
    I begged "Please let me go I promise I won't tell anyone! Please!" He just turned to look at me, I saw a glimpse of sympathy in his gaze.
"I'm sorry, but you're coming with us." His deep calm voice sent a shiver down my spine. I struggled against his force, trying with every part of me to get away but it was no use. Then it all took over and everything went black.

I woke up in a room with white walls, I felt someone looking at me. A young boy stood at the door, his black hair pushed back so I could see his forehead "Hi I'm Jeongin, please don't be scared of me, I promise I don't bite." He giggled.
"Hi," I said slowly, even though he's cute, he still helped kidnap me. I shifted on the mattress "my names Aein." He smiled at me and slowly moved to sit next to me.
"Look I'm sorry this all happened, but what you saw, I can explain." He started "I need you to be calm, okay? We're not going to hurt you I promise." I nodded "We're a group of eight members, we go by 'stray kids' and we're... part of the mafia. But we aren't bad people I swear, we work to help the public stay safe. We had to bring you here so the leader can ask you some questions." He finished.
    I took a deep breath in "Okay. Can you stay with me, please? You're the only person I know here." He nodded and took my hand leading me out of what I assume is the infirmary and down the corridor. We stopped outside a dark oak door which was carved with intricate patterns. Jeongin turned to me and gave me a small prep before we entered. He knocked and we walked in after hearing a 'Come in' from inside. I sat down on next to Jeongin across from the leader on the other side of the desk. I looked around the room taking in the scarlet walls and plush black carpet. "Hello Mr Bang." I bowed my head to him.
    He chuckled lightly "Just call me Chan. I just want to ask you some questions about what you saw last night." I nodded and he began. After I told him my side of the story, he informed me that there was a problem, that would affect my life forever.

"Look Aein, we took you that night because our rival group Ateez saw you that night, I knew if you didn't come with us they would have followed you home. We did this to protect you, and if you allow us, we would keep you safe just say the word." His words took me by surprise.
'Great a whole ass mafia groups after me', I coughed before nodding "I'll stay." He smiled at me, handing me a key for my new bedroom. I thanked him and I exited the room, leaving Jeongin with Chan.

I walked through the empty corridors of the house, looking around for any sign of life. As I turned the corner my face met a hard surface. I look up to see the man from last night, my breath hitched. "I'm sorry." I bowed to him and quickly scurried off to the nearest room. I froze as five pairs of eyes burned into my skin.

"Hey pretty lady," One of the guys said and winked at me, he had round plump cheeks that reminded me of a quokka. "come, sit with us. Let us introduce ourselves. My names Jisung but you can call me Han." I nodded and sat where he patted on the couch. One by one they told me their names and what they preferred to be called. As I spent more time with them we grew more comfortable and they gave me a tour of their mansion.

I laid in my bed and stared at the ceiling, I couldn't believe this. I waited in hopes that sleep would eventually overcome me but an hour passed and it was impossible. Slowly, I climbed out of my bed and made my way through the corridor towards the kitchen. As I entered a bare back was facing me. Clearing my throat and leaning against the island he slowly turned around "Oh, why are you still up? Are you okay? do you need anything?" Chan questioned as he neared me.
    "I'm okay, just couldn't sleep is all. You too?" I asked looking into his eyes and seeing the dark circles underneath. He nodded and took my hand, leading us to the living room. We talked all night, I asked him everything about being the leader of a whole ass mafia group. My eyes slowly started to close and I fell against his shoulder.
    The last thing I heard before I fell into dreamland was Chan whispering "Goodnight beautiful, I promise to keep you safe."