The Concert

A week had passed and the night of red moon ritual had come. Chun pulled up in front of the temple in her car. She got out and walked through the temple, most of Ming's family gathered.

"Chun," Wu greeted her.

"Wu," Chun greeted back.

"Still doing martial arts?" Wu asked.

"Yep," Chun replied, "In this day and age, a girl's gotta defend herself."

"Hmph. I still think it's unbecoming of a lady to do something so unruly," Wu scoffed, "If that's the case then why not train Mei-Mei?"

"Mei-Mei gets enough attention from your side family as it. Plus, I can tell she has no interest in learning this stuff and I have no interest in teaching her. Still love her though," Chun replied, "Besides, I've already got a pupil, an amazing one," she added before walking past the mother of her sister-in-law, "Oh, and you have other grandchildren besides Mei-Mei you know. Try taking an interest in your grandson Y/N once in a while."

Chun then stepped into the house. She walked down the hall, just in time to see Jin and Ming step out of Mei's room, Mei dressed in a traditional, red Chinese silk robe.

"Hey, big brother," Chun greeted Jin.

"Hello," Chun replied.

"Chun," Ming greeted her sister-in-law.

"Ming," Chun greeted back.

"Hey, auntie!" Mei walked up to Chun, happily wrapping her arms around her waist in an embrace.

"Hey, kiddo," Chun hugged her back, affectionately petting her head, "How are you feeling? Are you ready for the ritual?" she asked.

"I'm a little nervous, but yeah," Mei said while breaking the hug. Chun chuckled and patted her head.

Chun opened the door to Y/N's room, Y/N sitting at his dresser desk, playing with a rubik's cube.

"Hey, nephew, it's time for the ritual," Chun told the male twin.

"Unfortunately, Y/N won't be joining us. He's been grounded," Ming informed her sister-in-law.

"Grounded?" Chun repeated.

"He had the bright idea to make money off Mei-Mei's panda, just so her friends could see some talentless band," Ming said, "But Mei-Mei knows better. She's a good child," she added, glaring at Y/N with a look with disapproval. Unseen by her, Mei looked away with an expression of guilt.

Y/N glanced at his mother, his eyes narrowed as he released a low growl. His irises flared faintly with his blue chi. However, the only ones that noticed it were his father and aunt since they could sense chi just as he could. As if sensing Y/N's emotions, the kitten woke up and hopped off his desk.

The kitten walked over and hopped onto the table that Y/N's TV rested on. With a growl and shriek, the kitten lunged at Ming who screamed as it unsheathed its claws. Luckily for her, the kitten flew past her. Unfortunately, the kitten had swiped its paw in midair, leaving claw marks on Ming's cheek.

"Ow!" Ming yelped, feeling the sting of the flesh wound. The wound wasn't deep enough for it to bleed out, but it still hurt.

The kitten then ran back over to Y/N, releasing a cute meow.

"Hey, bad kitty!" Y/N lightly chided, making the kitten's ears flatten against its head.

"Come on, Mei-Mei. It's time for the ritual," Ming said, guiding Mei out of the house, Jin following close behind, leaving Chun alone with her nephew.

"Good kitty," Y/N whispered with a smile as he affectionately scratched the kitten under the chin, making it purr.

This was the same tabby kitten that walked over to Y/N during Mei's kitten test. The black one. At first, Y/N kept trying to put the kitten outside with its parents and siblings, but somehow it just kept coming back to him. After a while, Y/N just gave up and decided to keep the kitten as a pet. Luckily for him they already had cat food and kitty litter at hand. The only thing Y/N wasn't prepared for was the kitten's gender. When Y/N decided to keep the kitten, he named it Stuart... until Mei pointed out that the kitten was actually a girl. So, Y/N had changed the kitten's name to Stella. Fitting, considering the tag on her cat collar was in the shape of a star.