Eternal tears (the sequel)

believe it or not, i just thought of a entire idea for that title that was meant to be an April fools joke-

help

so basically its a soulmate kind of story

When a certain age is reached, two perople of that age will be appointed soulmates of each other. For each pair of soulmates, one person's soul will be trapped in their soulmate's tears. For each tear that falls, it releases a small fraction of their soul. The person starts off as a tiny translucent ghost kind of look and with ever tear that fall and fraction of their soul that they get back, they become bigger and more opaque until they are normal again. The person who's soul gets trapped are stuck with their soulmate until they dropped enough tears for them to become how they were before. The number of tears dropped required varies depending on how much the pair hates each other at the start. The more they hate each other, the greater the number of tears. The soulmate can do anything to force tears to drop, be it happy ones from joyful occasions, sad ones from upsetting occasions or pain from self-harm or just not drop any tears and leave the other person trapped while the person trapped can choose to laugh at their soulmate, encourage them, accompany them, mock them or just not do anything. The ending? Depends on how the soulmates act and what they do.

any ship will do

the most random idea I've had :)

if you want to use it sure-