𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑰𝑿 | 𝑩𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒔

Rosalie stares down at the gun that's aiming at her head, she wasn't unsure if she should be scared of a kid around the age of eight pointing a gun at her, or the fact that Cain is ready to attack via giving off signs

Rosalie stares down at the gun that's aiming at her head, she wasn't unsure if she should be scared of a kid around the age of eight pointing a gun at her, or the fact that Cain is ready to attack via giving off signs. What's really weird that Joel wasn't even fazed that a kid is pointing a gun at him. "You don't have to worry about what to say. We don't wanna hurt you. We wanna help you." The young man explained while his gun was aimed at the girls.

"What do you want from us?" Rosalie asked.

"I don't know what the next step is with something like this," The young man replied, which made the woman rose an eyebrow. "but if I lower my gun we didn't hurt you so you don't hurt us...right? " He asked.

"That's right." Joel replied.

"That's a weird fuckin' tone, man."

"That's just the way he sounds. He has an asshole voice." Ellie spoke up while glaring at The Smuggler.

"Joel, tell him he's okay." Callie spoke up.

" Everything is great." He sarcastically said.

"Jackass." The mother and daughter said in unison. It was very clear that he is a Jackass. The two adults just stare into one another wondering what they should do.

~~~

A semi circle formed around the newcomers and the group, silently eating as they stare at one another like two fighting dogs silently waiting for one to pounce, Joel even had his gun next to him in case the young man try to do something either to him or his girls.

"My name's Henry." The man said, "That's my brother, Sam. I'm the most wanted man in Kansas City."

Great Rosalie thought. "Where'd you get these?" Henry asked.

"From Bill." Ellie replied. "He's dead." She deadpanned.

"Nice explanation." Callie mutter under her breath.

Rosalie wrapped up her food and gave it to Sam who smiled at her offering as he signed something to her, "He says thank you." Henry said, Rosalie just nods her head.

"How old is he?" Callie asked, Henry signed the question towards his little brother who signed back. "He's eight."

"Cool." Ellie said. "I'm Ellie. That's Callie and Rosalie." She gestured towards the other girls.

Joel then chimed in, "I'm Joel. Look, you ate, we didn't kill each other, let's call this a win-win and move on."

"Well, I'm betting...that y'all came up here to get a view of the city and plan a way out." Henry explained. "And when the sun's up I'll show you one."

~~~

Dawn approaches the city of Kansas, the three adults stare through the windows of a tall building they're hiding in. "We always heard KC FEDRA was-" Rosalie started off.