One Shot

I remember how surprised I was when Chloe admitted that she wasn't close to her parents and that her godmother is more like a mom to her than her actual mother. I felt sad for her lost, damaged relationship with them but then I accidentally found out that her father is a wife beater and then only felt sad that her relationship with her mother is so severely damaged. Here's to no reconciliation occurring between her and her father. Because shit, if I can't get Demi not fuckin with their racist ass cunt of a mother, then I hope that I can at least get Chloe never fuckin with her abuser of a father again. I'm glad Chloe has her godmother to rely on, though, like reading Chloe say that she's always holding her godmother's hand in pictures and videos of taken of them because of how bad her anxiety is made me happy that her godmother is a real pillar to her.

-

He hadn't been able to get a good night's sleep the night his video call with Halle had been interrupted by a sudden phone call from Chloe, Chloe having been in hysterics on the other end of Halle's phone, Halle having ended their video call with an abrupt apology and a promise to call him the next day. He'd learned a few days later from his girlfriend that Chloe had gotten into a big fight with their parents the night her older sister had interrupted their video call, Halle's tone having been heartachingly funereal as she'd explained that Chloe and their parents' relationship was now worse than ever with there virtually being no hope of all the damage being reversed. Halle hurts just as much when Chloe's hurting and vice versa, a direct result of their close, unbreakable bond as sisters. Halle's importance to him as his dear lover didn't dilute Chloe's importance to him, Soobin having gotten very close to the eldest of the Bailey siblings during his time spent as Halle's boyfriend. Yeonjun's schedule being particularly tight these days to where he can't give Chloe the needed attention and comfort she deserves makes him want to do something because if that something is capable of getting Chloe to smile with just even a little bit of wholeheartedness, then he'll feel accomplished.

The one week wait time for the completion and arrival of Chloe's gift had been a long one for Soobin, the boy group leader unsure what had been hardest between waiting for the gift and keeping the gift a secret from both Chloe and Halle. His phone vibrating briefly takes him out of the conversation between his girlfriend and her sister, the man smiling at the text he'd just received from UPS, the delivery service having informed him that a package had just arrived at Chloe's door. Perfect! As soon as the nice waitress came back with his credit card, the trio would leave the vegan restaurant.

"Hmmmm..."

His ears twitch at the noise of thoughtfulness coming from his girlfriend, Soobin turning his head from the window to glance down at the petite, pretty woman he's hand-in-hand with, the look on Halle's face, while suspicious, being very cute to him. He smiles at her.

"You have that look on your face."

"What look?" he inquires innocently.

"That 'I'm up to something' look," Halle replies while pursing her lips in a way that's making them look kissable.