Chapter 1 - Y/N's 11th Birthday

(A/N: This is my very first fanfic ever. I'm sorry if it's bad, I'm trying my hardest so bear with me)

Y/N POV

"Y/N, sweetie! It's time to wake up!" My grandma, Porpentina 'Tina' Scamander, called from downstairs.

"Coming Grandma!" I called back as I climbed out of bed.

(A/N: I know this doesn't show a bed but just pretend this is only a corner of the room and the bed is against the wall close to the TV)

I walked downstairs, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I walked into the kitchen to see the table set with a full English breakfast. There was bacon, eggs, toast and butter, along with orange juice.

"Morning sleepyhead," Grandma said.

"Morning," I said back, stifling a yawn. "Where's Grandad?" I asked, noticing the lack of his presence.

"He's awake. He's just down with his creatures taking care of them. Fetch him, would you?" Grandma asked, taking a seat at the table.

"Sure," I told her, walking out of the room and into the sitting room and finding the suitcase lying open on the floor.

I looked into the case and didn't see Grandad. I sighed before stepping in and climbing down the ladder. I walked around the inside of the suitcase before finding him feeding and playing with Nifflers in the Niffler habitat.

"Grandad," I said as Newt jumped and clutched his heart.

"Hey kiddo. You scared me," Newt chuckled, still clutching his heart.

I chuckled before responding. "Sorry, I just came down to tell you that Grandma made breakfast and it's ready."

"Already? What time is it?" Newt asked.

"It's 7:35," I told him after taking a look at my watch.

"Wow, okay, let's get back up there before she murders us and we can't eat," Newt said before laughing.

I couldn't help but join in and doubled over laughing. I started coughing because I was laughing so hard.  Grandad started hitting my back in an attempt to stop me from coughing.

"Thanks," I wheezed out, trying to gain my breath back.

"Your welcome, kiddo," Newt smiled.

"Y/N? Did you find him?" I heard Grandma call out.

"Yeah Grandma, I found him! Don't worry," I called back.

"Good. Come up and eat before it gets cold," Tina called again before retreating footsteps were heard.

"Come on, lets go eat," Grandad smiled again before walking ahead as I followed close behind.

As we reached the ladder, Grandad stepped aside to allow me to climb first. I did without hesitation but waited once I climbed out into the sitting room and stood to the side of the suitcase. As Grandad appeared, I reached out my hand offering assistance, which he gratefully accepted as he clambered out of the suitcase.

"You okay?" I asked him as he caught his breath.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be fine. Let's go eat," Grandad said, walking into the kitchen and sitting down in his normal spot.

"Fine, my arse," I mumbled.

"Language!" Grandma called from the kitchen.

I audibly groaned and walked into the kitchen and sat down at the table as Grandma sat down on the right of Newt, and across from me.

"Dig in everybody. I didn't make the food so it can sit there," Grandma joked.

I grabbed several eggs and bacon and started to eat.

"Grandma, these eggs are egg-celent," I said.

"Thank yo- did you make an egg pun?" Grandma asked, looking me in the eyes.

"Maybe. I thought it was an egg-strodinary time for it," I said, shrugging my shoulders. I heard Grandad trying to hold in his laughter as he miserably failed and burst out laughing as Tina glared at him.

"Yes, well, happy birthday, sweetie," Grandma smiled sweetly.

"Wait, that's today?!" I asked in shock, spitting out a piece of bacon.

"Yes and your Hogwarts letter should be here soon," Grandma said.

As if on cue, an owls screech could be heard as a brown screech owl landed in the window sill. Grandma walked over and grabbed the letter, watching the bird take flight again. Grandma walked over and handed me the letter before sitting again. I looked at the letter in my hands before looking back up, noticing I had both Grandad and Grandma's attention. 

"Well? Open it," Grandad urged.

I did so and pulled the piece of parchment inside. It read: 

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY
Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore
                              (Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)Dear Mr L/N,We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a of all necessary books and equipment.Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress

I read the paper over, and over, and over. On September first, I would finally be going to Hogwarts. I was so excited.

(A/N: First ever fanfic and first ever chapter... Was it good? Was it bad? If you did decide to read this, thank you! I was quite nervous to try and write a fic but finally decide to take a leap of faith. I will be updating consistantly but I may be stopped at times from doing so. Again, thanks for reading and I'll see you in the next chapter! -Scooby)

Word Count: 868 words