Chapter 7

You woke up with JJ cuddled up next to you. You looked at the clock "0423" the clock read. All of Grey's clocks were in military time. You started to shake JJ to wake him up.

"Hm?" He asked still asleep

"Get up dumbass."

"What?" He asked, opening his eyes.

"Wanna leave?" You ask standing up.

"No."

You turned around in shock. You didn't expect that kind of answer from him.

"I promised your brother I would keep you out of trouble. At least until all of this investigator shit blows over."

"J, we'll just be going over to JB's."

"About that..." he got up. "John B is in jail." He walked over to you.

"What? Why?"

"They looked through the house and saw all of Big John's treasure work. I'm not sure what they found to arrest John B, but I'm sure something." JJ shrugged.

"JJ. I think Bih John did have something to do with this deputy's murder."

"What do you mean?" Jj asked curiously.

"Greyson!" You shouted running out of the room and through the house. "Greyson!"

"What!?" He asked running into the kitchen.

"I think I know something about the deputy's murder." You said looking at him.

"Come on. Let's look into it then. The investigators may have already found something but we'll see."

Grey drove to the tall building that you had exited earlier that day.

"Stay here. I'm going to run in and see if they found anything on that man, or anyone else." He shut the car door and walked inside.

You looked over at Jj. It feels like the two of you haven't had a second to breathe in a while.

JJ...I know you made a promise but I can't just sit here and let Greyson dictate what I do. I have to leave."

"Where are we going to go, y/n?'

You shrugged your shoulders,

"Sarah is probably hiding out at her place."

"With Rafe... who is probably working with Ward." He rolled his eyes and you started to climb out of the car.

"Come onnn, let's go J." You started walking in the direction of the Cameron's house.

The two of you made it to Sarah's neighborhood. When suddenly you heard a small 'gruff'

You spun around to see 1 Rottweiler and 2 German Shepards, and they didn't look friendly.

"JJ....JJ!" You shouted at him. He turned around and he froze as well.

"Maybe if we just slowly walk away..." JJ began to tiptoe forwards and one of the Shepards barked loudly.

"RUN!" You and your boyfriend yelled simultaneously.

The two of you sprinted through people's yards, and jumped several fences. You finally made it to Sarah's with the dogs still violently running, not far behind you.

"Up the wooden fence!" Jj yelled, to you.

"It's like 7 feet tall!!" You yelled back, still running.

"Trust me, y/n!!" You did the only option you had...trusted him.

You jumped up on a cement center block that had been sitting in the corner ever since you could remember. Your hands latched onto the top of the fence and pulled yourself up and over.

"JJ HURRY!" You yelled from the other side of the fence.

"Shit! Ouch!" He yelled, you peeked through the tiny cracks of the fence and saw him lying on the ground and covering his head while the large dogs were overtop of Him.

"Stop! Stop! Please stop!" You shouted at the dogs.

There then were 2 repetitive gunshots. Everything went quiet and you couldn't tell who shot the gun. You looked back through the tiny holes and Jj was still on the ground but this time holding his arm.

You unlocked the gate and ran out to JJ and kneeled down. "J? Baby are you okay?!" You felt warm sticky stuff and looked down to see crimson-red blood on your hands. Tears started to run down your cheeks.

Turning the corner Rafe came out holding a gun.

"Rafe you, bastard!" You shouted and got up and started hitting him..

"Why the fuck are you hitting me??! I saved his LIFE?" He gestured to the yard.

You turned around to see the 3 dogs laying dead. You were so focused on the thought of him getting shot you hadn't noticed the nefarious dogs.

You ran back over to Jj to help him sit up, he had a Chunchon of his arm gone. The bone was showing.

"We have to get you to a hospital..." you said standing up.

"No. We don't have the money for that.."

He was right you guys didn't have the money for it, but you knew someone who did...it would turn out bad for you, but your boyfriend needed medical attention.

"Rafe we need to get him to the hospital." Rafe and you lifted JJ up and laid him on the back seat of Ward's old truck.

JJ passed out a few minutes later... after around 30 minutes you and Rafe got JJ to the hospital. The doctors took him back immediately. They said that you and Rafe had to sit and wait in the waiting room.

The two of you sat in silence for a bit before Rafe spoke. "I'm doing this for you not him." You nooses your head.

It was around 4 hours until the doctors approved you to go back to see him. Rafe didn't go...you followed the nurse back and JJ was laying there barley awake.

"Hey, baby." You said walked over to him. "How are you feeling?"

"Absolutely perfect. Damn dogs but the shit out of me but I'm still here having the best day I've ever had." His sarcasm was thick but he managed to grin through it.

"I think they should be bringing you food soon.."

He nodded and started to drift off to sleep.

You sat on the couch that was in the room and watched tv.

A nurse came in about an hour later and sat his food on the bedside table.

"Ma'am?" You asked.

"Yes?" She responded

"When will be released?"

"Most likely tomorrow morning."

"Can you give me an estimate of how much our bill will be?"

She pulled about her laptop and started typing, and you waited about 6 minutes.

"It looks like $15k-$20k, and we do not have any insurance on file..."

"Okay thank you." And she smiled and walked out. There was something you had to do...go to your mom's house...