Chapter 12~ August 12th

"Sterling!" I hear a voice call, shaking me awake. I open my eyes, a voice huffing in relief. Jj's face becomes clearer with each blink. "She's okay! She's conscious." He pants, holding my shoulders tight. Pope is prodding into my skin with a pair of tweezers in his hand.

"What happened?" I ask, not daring to get up from the couch. "You got fucking shot." Jj frowns, I grimace, holding onto his hand. "Ow, ow, ow, ow." I repeat, feeling the most excruciating known to man. "Mhm, squeeze my hand, as hard as you can." Jj assures, I smile softly.

"Got it!" Pope retrieves a piece of medal from my arm. I stare at it with open mouth. "Fucking badass." I mumble, Jj chuckles. "Hell yeah." He nods, I bite my lip. "I'm gonna make that into a necklace." I look at the bullet, holding it in my hand.

"Pope, what the fuck!" I scream loudly when he grabs a needle and thread, beginning to sew my fucking arm. "A little heads up would've been nice!" I groan loudly, grabbing Jj's hand again. "Sorry." He mumbles, continuing to see the wound shut.

"Done." He says after the most painful minute of my life. "I'm gonna go down a bottle of pills, now." I huff, my arm throbbing. I finally notice the rest of the group when Sarah calls out. "Not funny." She huffs, wrapping her arms around me. "Eh, kind of funny." I shrug, earning a flick on my forehead.

"Alright, I'm exhausted. I'm gonna hit the deck." John B tells everyone, Sarah nods and follows him into the bedroom. "Me too." I mumble, trying to get up but falling to my feet. Jj holds me up by my hand. "Alright." He says before picking me up and carrying me to a spare bedroom.

He puts me down on the bed, ready to turn around and leave. "Stay. Please." I croak, my eyelids already feeling heavy. "Sure." He says immediately, standing in the middle of the room.

"Can you help me? I can't sleep in jeans, it makes my skin crawl." I whisper after many failed attempts of getting the button of my jeans, my cheeks heating up. "Uh, mhm." He scratches his head, slowly walking over. "I think I can find a pair of shorts and a shirt for you, you know, laying around." He suggests, I nod.

He walks over, fiddling with the button and pulling it down my legs. "Thanks." I mumble, still laying completely still. "Uhm, here are your shorts and shirt." He hands them to me, still stood in front of me awkwardly. I chuckle, taking them.

"You're too sweet, Maybank." I muse, slowly pulling the shorts over my legs. "Could you?" I hand him the shirt, barely being able to keep my eyes open. He nods, holding the shirt open.

He pulls the shirt over my head, sucking on a deep breath when he reaches the faint bruises. He pulls my arms through the holes of the shirt carefully.  "Thank you." I whisper, closing my eyes. I wait for him to lay down to open my eyes, staring into his blue eyes once he does.

"Thank you, Jj. For everything." I express my gratitude, he waves it away. "It was nothing." He shrugs, I roll my eyes. "Well, it was everything to me." I say sincerely, coming closer and resting my head on his shoulder.

"Is this okay?" I ask, looking up, he looks down, nodding assuringly. "You're a good guy, Maybank. You should show it more often." I whisper, snuggling into him. "Only for you, Sterling." He whispers into my hair, wrapping his arms around my waist.

~~~~

"I'm gonna go wake Nads up, see if she's alright." Kie says to the group, still not sure where Jj is. She knocks on the door slowly, but opens it when she gets no answer.

Her heart melts a bit as she looks at the two, cuddling into each other. She pouts happily, quickly getting out her phone to capture the moment. She closes the door again, deciding to let the two rest.