I Need To Love Him

Pat POV:

I walked up to his front porch and knocked on the door, I was bright red. I haven't talked to Bandit in ages and talking to him after a month, makes me feel guilty and like a bad friend. The door opens, and Bandit appears, I feel like I wanna melt.

"It's a surprise to see you here," Bandit says to me. "What do you want?"
"I j-just wanted to know how y-you are doing!" I say, I wanna drop dead right now. "A-are you doing okay mate? You barely ever speak to anyone nor me, and you've been through so much, I just w-wanted to check up on you."
"Look mate, I don't have time for your bullshit right now. I have to take Bluey to school in a few minutes so please leave me alone." Bandit shuts the door and leaves to help Bluey get ready to go to school.

I feel so bad and guilty at the same time. I haven't been there when he needed me the most. I have to make it up to him.

Bandit POV:

Why does Pat even bother to check up on me? We haven't talked in a month and I'd rather keep it that way. It seems that I ruin everything for everyone, I don't know what my problem is. I don't wanna cause Pat more pain whenever he is around me,  his snout bled again, and he started stuttering. I have to keep my distance.

I help Bluey get ready for school, she turns 7 in a week so I have to make her birthday feel special. Plus, I have to pay Bingo's medical bill, which rounds up to 1,000 dollars for the treatment. I can't lose now. I'm left with nothing.

Bluey POV:

Dad always makes breakfast for me in the mornings. He always makes my favorite blueberry pancakes. Ever since mum left and Bingo got sick, he has never gotten any sleep. Dad puts me before anything else. I love my dad, but I would love for him to take care of himself. I also noticed the bandages he has on his wrists. They are very red, and whenever I ask him about it, he tells me not to worry about it and that those bandages are actual just homemade gloves. I trust dad, so everything should be fine, right?