Chapter 7

Pixelle's POV
I could literally kiss this boy right now.

Myla: Oh? Oh? Really?!

"Mhm!"

"Woah. Slow down. The food's not going anywhere. You'll get sick if you eat too fast."

I laughed awkwardly.

"Sorry? I'm just really excited. Oh this is so good!"

We finished eating then he paid. We got up and left.

"That was amazing. EEEE! I haven't had chicken tenders in forever!"

He just chuckled again.

"Are you done here? We can keep wandering if you want."

"I think...I am in a food coma."

"Okay. That answers that."

He brought me back to well...my new home. I showered then plopped onto my bed.

"Oooo! This is nice and fluffy!!"

"Damn...guess you'll sleep well."

"Hey uh Lix? Do you wanna hear more about what happened?"

"Yeah okay."

He shut the door and walked over to the bed and sat across from me.

"As you know...I've been struggling. It's especially hard since...I haven't seen any of my family in years."

"Wait...you haven't even seen Eddie or Cherry?"

"No. My family forgot about me. I have no way to contact my siblings. My parents stopped calling from jail so, I stopped visiting. That was the first time...I've seen Peter in years."

"I wish...I found you sooner. Even if...you weren't my mate. You don't deserve what happened to you. When's the last time...you've shifted?"

"Oh god. I don't know. Maybe when....I was 15?"

"What?! T-that's not healthy at all!"

"I-I'm aware. Myla has been begging me to let her take control for years now."

"Then why...haven't you?"

"Like I said...I'm the outcast of the pack. I don't want to get caught out in the wild, ya know?"

"No no. I understand that. It's just...that's not good for you. Y-you could completely lose control and never be able to shift back."

"I-I know. A-are you mad? I hope you're not mad."

He grabbed my hand.

"I'm not mad. I'm worried. There's a room we have. It's purposely there so we can go and safely lose control."

"I-I've never heard of those. I-I don't know...how it would go. W-why are you mentioning it?"

"I think....it'd be a good idea for you to go shift."

I gulped.

"Won't it hurt?"

"Yeah. It unfortunately will."

"I-it honestly...might help me right?"

"Yeah. It might. Do you want to go now? We don't have to. I-it's just an idea for you."

"I-I'll think about it. Anyway..what was I saying? Oh! Right! I was talking about my family abandoning me. I wish...I knew why. I might've messed up somewhere."

"I don't think so."

"Do you think...he knows where our brother and sister are?"

Tears started to form.

"I just wanna know if they're safe and happy. That's all I want. They're what? 17 now? If I can't talk to them..I just want to hear it. "