CHAPTER 1.

☆☆☆AREWA DARLINGTON☆☆☆

I ran down the stairs, one would think I was flash's twin. My mum's wrath was one of the things you shouldn't experience before you started your day.

She was arranging the dishes on the dinning table wearing a wrapper. I scrunched my face, she was supposed to be dressed for work.

"Mum, why are you not at work?" My mum raised her eyebrows at me. I wondered what I had done wrong. She left what she was doing at walked up to me. Out of instincts, I moved back not so fast because she had landed a resetting knock on my head.

"Mummy na, what did I do to offend you this early morning? Headaches are not my thing" I grumbled because was annoying and common among African mothers.

"Children of nowadays, you will be acting like you are not trained from home" She attempted to knock me again before I dodged.

"I'm that small that you cannot greet me?? Arewa answer me nau"

"I'm so sorry ma. I was just surprised that you are not dressed for work. Good morning, ma"

I knelt down which was a sign of respect as  a yoruba lady, it get so tiring. I was so lucky she did not throw her slippers at me for not greeting her.

" Good morning to you too. I know I have trained you and done my best so don't you dare soil my name. Drop your oyinbo' style and inculcate our manners"

Nigerians and their funny way of naming someone. Oyinbo was a nickname given to a white man. I had graduated from a medical school at Canada. Mom insisted that I do my internship at Nigeria which I did. I would resume the work offered to me the following week.

"Yes ma but why are you home?" I repeated curiously as we sat at the dinner table.

"Your father is coming home today, so I took a day off since it has been a while". Even at that mom hasn't missed a day at work , it was quite strange. The bond between my dad and I was not strong, thus my lack of excitement.

I finished my food in time because I was a fast eater. I stood up quickly and cleared my plate to the kitchen, washing it hastily.  It was a taboo to eat and not washing  your dishes after using them immediately.

"Come back before 3:00pm, you know the tradition".

I nodded and went to my room. I groaned into the bed. The tradition was that we had a dinner with the alpha's family anytime my father returned. The alpha and my father were close friends not regarding the status.

My father was the pack's scientist and a well known laboratory which had five branches, the reason for his constant travelling. He does research and experiment which I think were sickening since I stumbled in his laboratory.

They knew theirselves from childhood resulting to the brotherly love. There was a time my brothers begged to live there when we were children but I refused because the alpha's twin were bullies, always pranking me and stepping on my nerves then.

Urghhh!!

The ringing of the phone cut my train of thoughts off. I glanced the screen, it was Chisom. I swiped the phone to listen to her annoying tiny voice.

"Hey bitchhhh!!! Are we still hanging out at this time?"

I glanced at the time on my phone, it was 9:37 am.

"Na family meeting we wan do? We for kuku go 3:00am"

"See this retarded fowl. It is my fault that I missed this slimy fool"

Instead of being angry, I laughed which annoyed her the more. This babe was vexing for me.

"It is fresh prince's wife you are jabbing early momo" Then it clicked, I had forgotten.