Searching for Will

"Where are you going?" I ask, as I see Dustin try to sneak past my room.

"Nowhere."

I glare at Dustin trying to get him to tell me where he's going.

"Mike, Lucas and I are going to look for Will." Dustin admits.

"I'm coming."

Dustin gives me a puzzled look, I'm guessing he expected me to stop him not join him.

"If you're going to do something dumb and possibly dangerous I'm not letting you do it without me." I tell Dustin gathering my jacket. "Let's go." I say as we sneak out of the house. We get our bikes and ride until we meet Mike and Lucas. We bike in silence, stopping once we reach the edge of the woods. 

"Why are we stopping?" Lucas asks. Mike doesn't answer just stares into the distance. I follow his gaze seeing a line of police tape wrapped around a few trees. "This can't be good." Then we hear a clap of thunder, looking up to see lighting above us and I feel a water droplet hit my face. I quickly wipe the water off my face as Dustin asks.

"You guys feel that?"

"Yeah, maybe we should go back." I tell the boys, hoping to convince them to look for Will another time, preferably in the daylight when it's not raining. But Mike doesn't listen, he climbs off his bike and opens his backpack, handing Dustin and I flashlights and walkie talkies. 

"No splitting up or anything stupid like that, but stay on channel six. Just in case." Mike says walking away from us, ducking under the tape and into the woods. Lucas follows him. I sigh knowing I couldn't leave them alone, and follow them into the woods. We walk further into the woods, heading another clap of thunder.

"Hey guys, wait up! WAIT UP!" Dustin yells before running after us into the woods. 

"This is going to be a long night."

————————————————————

The boys and I have been searching the woods for a while now, the rain pouring down on us as we search 

"Will!"

"Will!"

"Byers!"

"I've got your X-Men 134!" We shout hoping Will would answer but being met with silence.

"Guys, I really think we should turn back." Dustin says.

"He's right, we can search more tomorrow, when it's light out."

"Seriously, guys.  You want be babies, then go home already!"

"I'm just being realistic, Lucas!"

"No, you're just being a big sissy!"

"Boys, stop!" I yell trying to end the fight.

"Did you ever think Will went missing because he ran into something bad? And we're going to the exact same spot where he was last seen? - And we have no weapons or anything?"

"I've got a pocket knife." I tell the boys, my knife might not do much but it's still a weapon.

"Dustin, shut up." Mike says.

"I'm just saying, does that seem smart to you?" 

"Shut up. Shut up!" Mike says trying to quiet down the boys. We then hear a rustling noise.

"Did you guys hear that?" Mike asks as the rustling gets louder, we point out flashlights towards the sound. I reach onto my pocket, grabbing my knife ready to hurt anything that could try to attack us. We then hear a whoosh behind us, we all turn pointing our flashlights to see a kid in front of us. The kid looks around Dustin's age and has a crew cut.

"What the hell?"