03

The nearest grocery store is in Moonwood Mill, so that's where I need to go. As far as I know it's another run down freak town. Hopefully one without any vampires. The drive to Moonwood is about 15 minutes. I start my car so it's warm when I'm ready to leave.

*Knock*

Who could possibly be at my door, well it was either Caleb, Lilith, or worst Vlad. Hopefully it's not him.

I walk over to the door and check the peephole, and breathe out a sigh of relief when I see Caleb's face on the other side of the door. I opened it.

"I heard you start your car, and from what I saw on your list yesterday you'll be going to Moonwood Mill, it's not as friendly as here. I'll go with you" He looked at me concerningly.

"Caleb I really appreciate it but I'm fine on my own."

"Are you afraid of wolves, or big animals?"

"Actually yeah." I look down a little embarrassed by my fear.

"Then you'll definitely want me with you, wolves basically roam the town there."

"Alright you can come with me, but come inside for a second, I need to do something first."

Caleb stepped inside, "What is it you need to do before we leave?"

I step closer to him, I don't break eye contact, "This." I leaned in to kiss Caleb, All I could think about all night was him and woohooing him. That was everything I thought about, literally nothing else. Caleb grabbed me by the waist and pulled me closer to him taking control of the kiss, as he continued to pull me closer he deepened the kiss and as we caught our breath he spoke, "You don't understand how bad I want this."

"I think I do." And with my response we continued kissing, eventually we ended up on my couch, me on top of him making out. Caleb's head shot up and he whispered, "Vlad."

"I'm sorry, what? I ask, catching my breath.

"Vlad is coming to visit you." Caleb paused; pushing me off him, "You need to answer like I wasn't here, I'll go upstairs."

"What happens if he stays longer than I want him to?"

"Arabella it's fine, I'll still be here," Caleb looked at me for a moment before giving me a kiss on the forehead, and walking up the steps to my upper floor with my bedroom and bathroom. Walking over to my front door I can somehow feel Vlad's presence, it drains the mood. As I open the door I can see a fake smile plastered across Vlad's face pretending to look happy to see me.

"Hello Arabella." He says in his ancient tone, dragging out each syllable of my name.

"Hello, how are you?" I tilt my head and smile in response.

"Very well do you mind if I come in?" He asks before entering completely uninvited.

"I'm actually leaving in a few minutes you caught me." I say in a manner that should make him feel unwelcome.

"How perfect, I needed to ask a favor of you." Vlad paused and handed me a piece of paper, "It's an invitation to a dinner party this Friday in my manor, your little boyfriend and his sister are invited as well as some of my other friends from around the world." Vlad paused looking up my steps, "I'm sure you'll come and enjoy yourself very much." He looked back and me and was smiling again.

"I'm going back to Del Sol Valley to visit my mother soon and I don't know if I'll be back in time, but if I am I will absolutely come."

Vlad put his hands together, "Wonderful!" He recited, "I'll see you then." Vlad turned and walked out the door, closing it behind him.

"You are seriously not considering going to that are you?" Caleb asked as he walked down the steps.

"If you and Lilith are there could anything particularly bad happen to me?"

"Vlad's friends are all vampires as well. Lilith and I can only do so much." Caleb looked down at his feet and for the first time I sensed genuine fear coming from him.

"Let's get going." I pause and walk over to Caleb, he's sitting down at my table with his hand on his head in a stressed manner. He gets up and walks out the front door and I follow behind him, we both get into my car.

The drive isn't anything special. Just through the woods and a lake, but considering I'm used to seeing palm trees the pine trees were a nice change.

"This area is actually really beautiful." I say to Caleb as I continue driving.

"I agree, the atmosphere is calming in a way, you know?"

"Yeah! I feel it. It's chilly all day everyday and it's relaxing in a different way than you would consider the beach."

I was right, Moonwood Mill was the same as Forgotten Hollow: A freak town. But at least Forgotten Hollow had no trash along the roads and the buildings were still in one piece. From what I could tell there were many residents in Moonwood Mill. After passing a trailer park with a bunch of people crowded around one bar, with a blonde bartender we reached the grocery store. It wasn't very big, but it had what I needed. Hopefully.

Caleb walked around the side of the car and opened my door for me.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

The bell on the door rang as we walked into the grocery store. There were two other people in there beside the cashier. One was an older man with long brown-grey hair, and he wore a patched coat. And standing next to him was a dark complexioned teenager. He had beads in his curly hair and he wore a turquoise button down with a yellow turtleneck underneath and jeans.

Caleb seemed to know them as we walked over Caleb waved, "Kristopher, it's been so long."

The older man smiled back at Caleb, "Hah! You haven't aged a day! Great to see you again." They both laughed at his obvious joke.

"Jacob?" Caleb paused, "You've grown so much since I saw you last." Caleb stopped, "Rory?" He looked up at Kristopher.

"Nope." Kristopher looked down at his shoes for a moment before turning to me, "And you are?"

"Arabella, it's very nice to meet you."

"Arabella, what a unique name." Similar to Vlad he drew out every syllable of my name, this was in a more adoring manner rather than Vlad's intimidating version. Kristopher looked up at Caleb and then back down to me, "So what's the correlation between you two?"

"Oh we jus-" I started

Caleb cut me off, "We just started dating not too long ago actually. There's no grocery store in Forgotten Hollow so I offered to come with her here."

"That's very nice Caleb, I'm glad you've found someone." Kristopher paused, "She's human, is she not?"

"I am, but I know about Caleb." I spoke up.

Kristopher nodded, "Well it was very nice to see you again Caleb, and wonderful to meet you miss Arabella, Lily is back home waiting." he paused, "Are we still on for Harvest Fest this fall?"

"Absolutely." Caleb returned. And with one last nod Kristopher and Jacob left.

"Alright," I clap my hands together, "Let's get shopping."

-

-

1199 Words <33