Dreamgirl

I spend the next few days trying to make everything comfortable for Doe. He always got worried when I left the apartment to go to work. And so he also did this morning, before I left to get to the gas station. It was my early shift, so I had to leave while Doe was still asleep. Unfortunately I had to get some groceries, my fridge got emptier every day. Especially the spicy things like Ramen were disappeared after two days, and so was the meat. Boy, how can this man eat like this and stay so super skinny?
After all, I could still count his rips.

-Later-

The wheels of the shopping card rattled silently on the tiled floor. I enjoyed the time all for myself. Even though Doe made his way all into my heart, he sometimes was a bit exhausting. While I read the ingredients of a tomato-ravioli can, I was too concentrated to notice the tall man in the aisle next to me. His greenish-grey eyes formally pierced through his glasses. His dull, half long, brown hair fell over his forehead. I walked around the corner and sped up when I saw some good looking fillets in a spicy-looking, red sauce. Doe's gonna love these!
I subconsciously placed the ravioli can in a random shelf. The mysterious man disappeared.

My bags were full and my shoulders hurt from carrying them, when I opened the door and finally came home.
"Holy shit, Y/n! Where were you, I was worried sick about you!!", Doe yelled and dashed into the living room where he threw himself into my arms.
"I'm so happy to see ya!!"
"Yeah, barely even noticed.", I said sarcastically.
"No worries, I was just getting some groceries since you almost ate my fridge.", I teased him.
"I'm sorry... was just hungry."
"No need to apologize!"
I put everything in it's place in the fridge, while Doe watched me. After my work was done, we sat on the couch together.
"So, what were you doing this whole time?", I asked him while eating a fresh yogurt with berries.
"Nothing much, I was just worried after you didn't come home on time."
"On time? Did ya track me or something?", I asked sarcastically.
"Well, I didn't track you. I just printed out your schedule, searched for the busses you take from which station and calculated when you leave and arrive."
Doe smiled cute, he seemed to be very proud of his work.
"Uhm... How did you get my schedule if you don't mind me asking..?"
"Oh, I just searched for it on your computer."
I almost choked on a blueberry. "You did what?! Why would you sniff through my computer?"
"I'm really sorry, I just.. wanted to know...", he stuttered
"Then why don't you just ask me? Please, just do not sniff through my stuff anymore, okay? I'd really like some privacy."
Doe blushed a bit. "Okay, I won't do it anymore. I'm sorry."
I hugged him and gave Doe a little kiss on his cheek.
"It's okay, John."
He smiled and rubbed his cheek on my shoulder. Doe reminded me pretty much of a cat.
He's needy in attention and gets big pupils if he gets it, he gets exited when I come home, he sleeps in my bed, follows me everywhere he can and likes to give me raw meat as a gift. Yep, I guess I'm living with a giant, humanoid cat.

This night, I did not sleep well. I had a nightmare. Someone kidnapped me, I heard screaming and painful moaning, crying. My eyes were blindfolded, but I felt someone harshly grabbing me. A heavy smell of fir laid in the air and burned in my lungs. I twisted and tried to kick to get free, but I had no chance against the tall and strong person. Suddenly, another hand laid on my shoulder and I heard Doe's worried voice.
"Hey. Hey!! Wake up, Y/n! Please, come back to me!"
I finally woke up, sweat ran down my forehead andI breathed heavily.
"Are you okay?", he asked carefully. I just shook my head and suddenly felt tears getting up in my eyes. What the fuck was that dream? What did it mean?
"I'll get you something!"
Doe jumped out of the bed and almost immediately came back with a cold glass of water.
"There you go."
"Thank you.", I whimpered and took some sips. I could feel a cold sensation running down my throat and felt a bit better. Doe gently laid his arms around me.
"Now tell me, what happened?", he softly asked.
"I- I don't know exactly. Felt like I was getting kidnapped. I heard screaming and crying. It sounded like it was myself that I heard. I have no idea why I dreamt this..."
"That must've been very scary for you. Let's just try to get back to sleep, okay? It was probably just a bad dream, nothing more.", his soft voice calmed me down a lot.
"You're probably right, good night, Doe."
I turned around, cuddled my back against him.
"By the way!", I said, "How did you even notice me having a bad dream?"
"Oh, I woke up when you kicked me in the side, no worries, all rips in there places. Good night, darling!"
"Oh, I'm sorry...", mumbled, the I fell asleep in his arms...

----------------------------

Yeahh, I'm finally back! The „c"- key on my laptop doesn't work anymore, so I guess I'll just write from my phone until the issue is fixed. I hope you liked the new chapter in my most successful story 'til now? 😉
Greeting from Germany 🖖🏻
RandallRoe27