103. Battle of Hogwarts II

Within moments of the defensive barrier breaking the castle descended into chaos. It became hard to keep track of what was happening. The air was thick with spells flying back and forth. Amy grew out her wings and took to the air.

There were teams of wizards flying towards the castle on brooms. Amy moved to intercept them. As she approached she fired off a killing curse to one, drew her khopesh and slashed at another as she flew by. A third fired a stupefy spell that hit square on her chest. His eyes widened in shock as the spell just rolled off her armour. Before he could process what had happened, Amy had removed his head.

The battle in the air was interrupted as a dragon sweeped by her, narrowly missing. It's jaws loudly snapping next to her. She had an advantage though. She could maneuver much more precisely than the lumbering beast. With a few beats of her wings she lifted up above the dragon and landed on the back of its neck. Quickly, she transformed into a basilisk, wrapping her tail around the dragon to keep steady. She sunk her fangs deep into the dragons neck. It's scales cracked one of her fangs but she was able to punch through. Whether from blood loss or the venom, the dragon started to weaken very quickly. The were plummeting to the ground. She returned to her human form and flew off again, allowing the body to collapse on a group of battling wizards.

She quickly scanned the sky again, the enemy brooms had landed in the castle while she was distracted. The defenders will have to deal with them. She watched in awe as Sethi flew overhead, the air seemed to drag behind him and it took an effort to not be swept away in it. He flew directly into another, relatively small, dragon and wrapped his collosal jaws around it's torso. The sickening crunch echoed throughout the battlefield. To see a dragon be bitten in half was a spectacle that drew many eyes up from the field.

She saw that the outer courtyard was now being flooded with enemies, the defenders now fighting from the large doors. The enemy was a collection of individuals fighting as they saw fit. Amy's defenders were a well oiled fighting force that worked in teams. Usually Amy would say that the odds were stacked in their favour but the sheer number of enemies was overwhelming their defenses in many places.

With a fluid motion she fell into a dive and landed with a heavy impact by the defenders. With a shout for them to put up a strong magical barrier, she fired off a fiendfyre. The flame snake quickly engulfed the courtyard. Anyone unlucky enough to be stuck there were quickly incinerated. The barrier that the defenders put up was strained but managed to keep the flames at bay. After a minute, Amy broke the spell and extinguished the flames. She led her people forward, over the charred bodies, to retake the courtyard. After some quick repairs, they were able to hold the area again for a while.

With that problem dealt with for now, Amy took to the air again. She couldn't help but smile when she saw Seamus/Phobos wading through a mass of Templars, hacking away at them. He was surrounded by bodies and showed no sign of slowing down. Dean was nearby firing spells at the Templars, not that Seamus needed the help.

A herd of centaurs were galloping around the castle, firing arrows at anyone they saw. She watched as an equal number of sphinxes leaped from some nearby bushes and engaged the creatures. The centaurs put up a solid fight, kicking and hacking with swords but they were no match at close combat to the lion bodied sphinxes.

Similarly, she watched as giants squared off against a group of aqrabuamelu. The scorpion people were dwarfed by the full blooded giants but their claws were strong. Their tactic seemed to be to pull on the giants' legs, while stabbing at their torso with their tail until they were brought to their level. The giants, however, were more than capable of swinging their giant hammers or stomping on the significantly smaller creatures. Amy didn't know who would win that fight but she was sure the losses on both sides would be severe.