Chapter 1 // Lavish Life

"Chel, please focus. We must leave." I began to pull up the anchor, however Chel was still hopelessly preoccupied by objects outside of the boat. "Tulio, don't you feel bad for leaving your best friend? All by himself?"

"Of course not, why would I? We are both happy." I explained. I thought I had sounded reassuring, however I could see the tension in her eyes. 

"Did you hear what Chief Tannabok just said? There is an army of strangers closeby, being led by Tzekel-Kan." She said anxiously, gnawing on her fingernail.

"Chel, my love, calm down." I smiled at her. "That isn't even possible, he went down the whirlpool to Xilbalba. There is not a chance he could have lived through that." I explained. It was true, it was all because of something silly. Whilst playing ball, Miguel had belted me on the forehead, leaving a shallow cut on the surface of my skin. A drop of blood had trickled down my face in a single rivulet, and Tzekel-Kan flew off of the handle. "Gods do not bleed." He had said, before publishing our secret to the city. Of course, no one believed him, so Tzekel-Kan conjured up a giant stone jaguar and chased me, Miguel, Chel, and Miguel's horse, Altivo, until he fell off of the cliff and into a giant whirlpool, which is the entrance to the spirit world.

Chel shrugged at me. "Well, I guess he survived it."

"What a great time to leave. Here, hold this rope while I set us off of the dock."

"Tulio!" she whined.

"What?" I asked her.

"Can we please just say, one more night? El Dorado doesn't stand chance without them. Who knows? The army of strangers could be monsters!"

I was almost sure that the so-called "Army of Strangers" what most definitely Courtés and his army, trying to find the "New World". I kept my mouth shut, because Chel would most likely refuse to come back to Spain with me and help Miguel. That was the very last thing that I wanted. "No, Chel! The original plan was to pretend that Miguel and I were God's until we got the gold, and then we would sail back to Spain and buy it so we can become Kings! I have my gold. That's all I want."

Chel's face changed from "worried" too "erotic" and she bit her lip. "That's all you want?" she gradually walked over to me.

"Well, the plan did change a little bit." I smirked.

"That's right, you got me. I'm going to be your little queen when we get there." She said, her hands were pressed against my chest, and she leaning into me, almost making me fall off of the side of the boat.

I eventually escaped, slithering out from under her. I needed to concentrate on undocking the boat.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." She admitted, back to her old self. "Miguel was the one who wanted to back out of the plan, so if he wants to stay in El Dorado, he's going to have to get used to the usual attacks, you know? There's a price to be spending the rest of your life in the place wanted to be discovered most, the City of Gold."

"Exactly my point." I told her.

-

Chel and I sailed back to the island Miguel and I went through. It brought back so many memories with him. But he was back there, with Chief Tannabok and Altivo, being worshipped for something he wasn't; a God.

Eventually, we got to the very end of the island, which meant we had to sail again. The boat from when Miguel and I had first gotten here was still there, untouched. But you could definitely tell that Courtés had been there, large, deep footprints were engraved in the sand, probably by their thick leather boots they wear in battle. I was expecting Chel to question them, but she kept quiet and helped me pull the small boat out of the sand and we began rowing, rowing, and rowing, until we finally reached Spain.

-

Chel and I sold all of our gold and got plenty of euros, but apparently not enough to buy the entire country of Spain. We did, though, buy a ginormous house, with lots of euros left over. Chel spent it on fancy, modern clothes, and I spent it on tickets to live shows and performances that only wealthy people could attend. Time to time, I would see some of my old, con-artist friends, but they were more of acquaintances now that I haven't seen them so long.

Chel and I, of course, did eventually get married. Only a month from the wedding, she discovered she was having a baby boy, Diego. About a year after the boy was born, she was pregnant once again; with two fraternal twin girls, Catarina and Rosalina. Two years later, another girl was born, Lilliana.

Of course, having four kids was very difficult. So, we hired a maid, Luna, who looked after our children. When she was pregnant again, with a little girl named Maria, we hired another maid, Lucia, along with a butler, Pablo. So, we were living quite a lavish life.