chapter 19.

19_____

19_____

"You're kidding."

"Oh my God."

"Why didn't you check?"

"How was I supposed to know the hotel revamped their rooms?"

Jisung pinched the bridge of his nose, his face fully pointing down at his feet as he took in continuous deep breaths. In. Out. Inhale. Exhale. Inspire. Expire. His grip on his luggage tightened as he let out one more sigh before looking up at the guilty Minho.

"You know what? It's fine. It's not a big deal."

"Really?" he blinked. "Are you sure you're fine with it?"

"I'll sleep on the floor tonight."

"Don't be ridiculous," Minho slapped his face into his own palms, rubbing his droopy and fatigued eyes. "Am I that insufferable to be with that you can't handle sleeping in the same bed?"

"It's not that, Minho!" he gulped, awkwardly glancing at the wall, the flower vase, and anything else in the room that he could lay his eyes on, so long as it wasn't Minho's gaze. "You know... it's weird. Two men in one bed... That's weird."

"Jisung, the auditions are literally tomorrow morning. You need to rest well. We need to rest well. I'd be staying up all night in guilt if I just let you sleep on the floor," Minho sat on the edge of the bed, leaning back with his sturdy arms holding him up, a couple of veins evidently visible ever since he took off his jacket prior to their entrance into the hotel room. "And I, for sure, am not sleeping on the floor either. Besides, we've had sleepovers before. It's not something we should find weird, anyway."

The darker haired boy simply looked down at Minho, internally cursing at himself for panicking and letting his mouth run before him again. "Right."

Rolling over his luggage to the corner of the room, he almost stammered as he heard the bed behind him creak as Minho fully slumped backwards, letting out a groan and a yawn.

"I'll check out the bathroom," he quickly said, unzipping his small wheeled trolley to take out his clothes for the night.

"You do that. And try not to shower for too long, will you? I need to shower too. I stink of a barbecue restaurant, and particularly the garlic we decided to overload onto that grill," he yawned once more. "I don't know how much longer I can hold up without falling asleep."

"I told you we shouldn't have walked around the city for that long."

Jisung briskly locked the bathroom door behind him, his fingers almost clawing into the soft material of his fresh clothes as his gaze met in contact with the mirror. His eyes had gone puffy and his face had an obvious flush, the symptoms he wished he hadn't developed as a result of Minho ordering drinks for them both at the barbecue place they visited just across from the train station earlier. He insisted Minho shouldn't pay for any alcohol at all, reminding him once more of how embarrassingly over-confident or jittery they both could get once they had a taste, and surely enough, he was beginning to feel the effects of their order.