Come Home

Summary: Inej finally gets a break from her work for Kaz, and comes home to you; her girlfriend.

Inej Ghafa x Ravkan!Reader
———

You were a simple young woman, happy with what you had. You managed to get some money by working at the Crow Club, cleaning glasses, making drinks. Basic bartender jobs. You saved and saved till you had enough to get a small apartment, not too far from the Club itself.

However, what made it feel like a home was your girlfriend; none other than the feared Wraith herself.

The evening was a simple one. You'd asked for some leave from Kaz, who had granted it to you, knowing that you'd worked overtime for him for many days.

You were happy, and were taking your break very seriously; having slept in for the first time in weeks, eaten your favourite breakfast, gone out and had gone to the market, wanting to buy some groceries for dinner.

Truth be told, you missed her. Inej, that is. It had been days since you'd last seen her, and you were, indeed, sick of waking up to an empty bed every morning, sick of not having her to embrace you at night, sick of not having someone to pray with before dinner.

You were sick of not having Inej with you, just the two of you, unafraid of the world.

So, you came back home, sighing at the emptiness. Though you were used to it, it was not a pleasant feeling.

Your bags made a full 'thump' as you placed them on the counter, opening the cabinets and putting them away. Tins of peaches, some meat, the usual stuff.

You and Kaz shared an ability to hear Inej even when she was being silent as a mouse. So, when you heard her silent footsteps against the floorboard, almost inaudibly pressing against the dull wood, you turned around with a smile on your face.

"Ah, seems like my Wraith has come home at last," you chuckled, leaning against the counter and crossing your arms.

She laughed softly, the pleasant sound reaching your ears and making your heart flutter as she did.

"Kaz likes to keep me busy, you know this," she replied, moving towards you and pushing a lock of hair behind your ear, before cupping your cheek with her hand lovingly.

"Hm...he does so to me as well, yet here I am with a day off," you grinned, standing straight and wrapping your arms around her waist. You could feel her knives in her belt and smiled softly, "You know you can place your Saints away for now. You're safe here."

Inej looked down with a smile and looked back up at you, "You always say just the right things and it's infuriating."

You kissed her nose and laughed, "You love it, though. Now go take a shower, I'll set up some dinner."

"Nothing too fancy, I hope?" Replied the Suli, eyes moving away from you as she stepped back. She pulled off her coat, placing it next to yours on the hanger before she began taking out all her knives, whispering each of their names as she did.

"Obviously not," you chuckled, pulling out a few things from the cabinets you'd restocked. "You know I can cook barely anything."

"For a bartender, you know surprisingly little around a kitchen" Inej quipped, earning a small but gentle whack upside the head from you.

"I will have you know that I could poison your food, Wraith," you gasped in fake offence. "And bartenders make salted peanuts and alcohol, not food."

"First of all, how rude," the girl gasped, rubbing the back of her head where you'd hit her. "You know I'm joking!"