Twig

Nick Dempster
Nik: Twig
D.O.B: 04/06/1998
Height: 6 ft 2 in (1.89 m)
Weight: 74kg
Sign of the Zodiac: Gemini
Eye colour: Blue
Nationality: Australian
Occupation: Model

Nick recalled the moment he'd fist laid eyes on Deki at Australian fashion week. He'd been caught up at the Next Gen showcase extracting his friend Catriona from an elaborate statement piece and was running late for his next job. Scuttling past The Whisky Wanderer at Carriageworks, on his way to the changing rooms, he was drawn to the sight of a tall man, deep in whispered conversation with a petite blonde woman. They each leaned on crooked elbows against a whiskey barrel and though his back was turned obscuring his face, the man's presence was undeniable. Nick slowed his pace to gift himself a better look.

The man was wearing an Italian cut suit with closely tapered waist that barely concealed the coiled energy in his broad shoulders. His dark hair glistened in the amber glow of the dim lit bar, cropped high and tight. Smooth olive skin on the back of his neck begged to be touched.

Nick watched as the man reached for a glass of single malt with one hand. With a brisk gulp, he emptied the glass and returned it to the barrel top. The woman reached for his other hand. Lightly, she brushed her fingers against his palm and attempted a grip. He pulled his hand away abruptly and rubbed the back of his neck. Then he tilted his head in Nick's direction.

Feeling like an animal sighted through the barrel of a shotgun, Nick could not escape the piercing almond-shaped eyes that locked on to his. His heart rate quickened. And then, mortified he'd stopped walking, he averted his gaze and scurried forward, the vision of the man's face emblazed in his mind.

Later, when he replayed the moment with friends, he'd say that if it weren't for Catriona's ridiculous dress, he would have missed the most beautiful man he'd ever seen. He would describe Deki's smooth skin drawn tight across the nose, his high cheekbones and how his black eyes bore their way right through to his soul.

Of course, in his telling of it, Deki had rudely addressed him. Nick would imitate him with harsh intonation: 'Yeah, that's right. Move the fuck on!'

But the truth was lost in the telling. Nick didn't need to hear Deki speak to know he was arrogant or that he wanted him more than anything. And, Deki hadn't noticed Nick at all.