Chapter 38

Taehyung woke up the next morning, skin still sticky because of their yesterday session.

Deliberately, he looks around only to see his clothes scattered on the ground. He then looks back at the figure still sleeping on the side beside him. He was about to wake him up when images from yesterday flew in front of him, halting his actions.

With hesitant arms, he grabs Jungkook's biceps, lightly shaking him.

The latter hums before going back to sleep. Taehyung looks at him for some time before throwing himself completely on the other.

Jungkook grunts in response and swiftly opened his eyes.

His eyes landed on the other who was still perched on him, head stuff in his chest.

"Hyung" Jungkook whines. "Already awake?" He added, voice still away.

Taehyung moves his head up a little to look at the other. He nodded and smile slightly when he saw his wrecked face and flushed nose.

Yesterday was unexpected both for Taehyung and Jungkook. If days ago someone has told the seller that this type of interaction was going to happen between him and his ex, he wouldn't have believed it.

It's not like he only acted that way because he felt sad or needed comfort, he also wanted Jungkook to touch him because he has longed for this for so long. And honestly, he expected the latter to refuse but he was surprised to see how fast Jungkook was to take him to the bedroom.

Taehyung lipped-smiled, one arm, lifting up and lightly caressing Jungkook's. His eyes roamed on the other face and with a little sigh he whispered:

"Yesterday was amazing."

Jungkook blinks, following his eyes. Taehyung couldn't know if he was thinking the same or if he was just finding it hilarious.

But then, as he wonders how jungkook felt about last night, he inaudible gasped, a question popping up in his mind:

"You didn't go back home. Hyun Ah-"

Jungkook heaves a long sigh and slowly falls back on the bed. He then sat back, struggling but still manages to prop himself on his elbow. He furrowed his brows for a moment before looking a Taehyung.

"You love to mention her, Uh?" He whispered groggily, hair falling on his face.

Taehyung stared at him before sitting on the bed. He crossed his feet together, thinking.

"Every time we do something intimate you always find a way to include her. It's starting to be weird and tiring."

Taehyung throws a glance at him and then chuckled. He doesn't know if it's the other groggy state that is making him act this way, but this doesn't make sense to him at all.

Taehyung then thinks about justifying himself like yesterday. Tell again to Jungkook why he has the right to feel that skeptical and that something is fishy and that he feels like he is missing out on something major.

He thinks about it for a moment but then forgets about the idea when he sees Jungkook plopped back on the mattress, eyes automatically closing.

Taehyung looks at him and sighs, standing up. He rounds up the bed only for Jungkook to utter a few words afterwards.

"We have to talk." He muttered, voice gone.

Taehyung standstills. He didn't reply to the other but he knew what he was referring to. His mind drifts to the washroom, the restaurant and then the office. He closes his eyes, the morning headache suddenly hitting him.

Taehyung puts his slipper on, ignoring the other trying to stand up from the bed.

He went to the kitchen, pouring himself a cup of hot chocolate. He sticks himself to the table, again ignoring the noises the footsteps were making behind him.

Taehyung suddenly lunches when strong arms encircled his waist. He closes his eyes for a brief moment before turning around and looking at the person in front of him.

They silently stare at each other before Jungkook gently retracts himself from his hold.

"Do you have somewhere to go?" He suddenly asks.

Taehyung knowingly stares at him. He then shook his head negatively.

"I want to talk about important things. We didn't finish our talk yesterday. You rushed outside." He then stops, wondering. "I was upset that you left our diner for some clients."

Taehyung watches him blabbering while slowly getting closer. " it was very important" He whispered thinking it will change something.

Jungkook took the cup from beside them and played with the handle while his eyes wander around.

"It's about Hyun Ah and me."

Taehyung breath hitches, waiting. The cup in his hold started to burn for some reason so he has to turn around and put it back on the table.

He darts at Jungkook.

He wants to be done with this. At the restaurant, he was afraid of what the others could talk about that's why he was kind of relieved when Hoseok called him and got him out of the place. He wanted to know but he also wanted it to remain a secret.

Taehyung watches Jungkook exhaustingly putting his hair back, sighing.

"So it's not actually what you think. Hyun Ah is-" He aggressively sighed, hesitantly getting closer. His every move was making Taehyung more nervous than him. "We are not married." he blurted out.

Taehyung furrows his brows nervously chuckling " I already know that. . ."

He was scared at first but now he is growing impatient. Is that what Jungkook wanted to tell him? Is this why he is so nervous?

He taps his foot on the ground waiting for the other to continue.

"No, we- we never intended to get married." Jungkook gulps, looking at the floor so he couldn't see the other contracted face. At that moment, he was wondering if he should continue talking. He does it nevertheless. "This is all a skit"

His eyes stayed on the floor not seeing Taehyung's confused expression.

"What do you mean?" Taehyung asks in a whisper. He internally cursed when his voice sort out vulnerable.

"I... don't love Hyun Ah. I don't even know her. She is just a random woman that I used to have your attention back."